Is this a bottleneck?

Solution

Technically no nothing there is "Bottlenecking" anything. The GPU requires information from the CPU but the CPU doesn't really care what the GPU is doing.
Your CPU is more than fast enough for that GPU so you could if you want upgrade your Graphics card.
At your resolution i would be looking at the HD 6850 or the GTX 560 (not the Ti ) which is due out very soon.
The 6970 is out soon as well Thursday in fact so it could pay to see both reviews first then take a pick of those two.

Mactronix :)

seanny

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009

Yeah,your graphics card is the weakest link.Depending on what you are doing with the card,or what kind of gaming you will be doing.I would recommend this.....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130625 ..............and if you want better,get 2,but that card is a really good one and you will get noticeable performance gains over the 250.I had a GTX 260 and went to a GTS 450 and noticed a speed increase,then I went to SLI 450's 7 months ago.Right now is a good time to upgrade because you have a lot of great options and avenues to go on.AMD has some nice cards or if you are on a budget you can get the 5870 0r 5850 or even the 5830 for great prices.Nvidia has lowered the prices of the GTS 450 cards along with the 460 and 465.Heck,you can get a GTX 470 for around $250 -$260-if your power supply is enough.You will definitely need something better to go with that processor.

Technically no nothing there is "Bottlenecking" anything. The GPU requires information from the CPU but the CPU doesn't really care what the GPU is doing.
Your CPU is more than fast enough for that GPU so you could if you want upgrade your Graphics card.
At your resolution i would be looking at the HD 6850 or the GTX 560 (not the Ti ) which is due out very soon.
The 6970 is out soon as well Thursday in fact so it could pay to see both reviews first then take a pick of those two.

Mactronix :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS