Sign in with
Your question

CPU Fan RPM.

Last response: in CPUs
September 10, 2011 9:16:43 PM

Hi there,

I'm thinking of getting a new CPU cooler as the one I have now is the same one I was using in my Phenom1.

The cooler I am looking at does not come with fans and having started researching fans I am wondering if there are some 120mm fans that if used on a CPU cooler rather than in the case might actually cause stress on the cooler mounting. For e.g. the 5000rpm+ fans, especially 2x in push/pull.

I am not looking for cooler suggestions as there are a ton of posts about that already, I am more interested in what to look out for when choosing your own parts.

Thanks,
JeProject

More about : cpu fan rpm

September 10, 2011 10:25:33 PM

Thanks for the links. I have been looking at the Scythe Gentle Typhoons a lot so I will probably go with two of the 1850rpm version based on what you said.

I want to put these one the CNPS10X Flex as I like the fact it has a flat copper plate in contact with the cpu rather than the bare heat pipes which I don't think I can be bothered with when it comes to putting the paste on properly. Hopefully that will give me considerably better performance than my CNPS9300 lol.
!