Crashes in dialogue

alex

I keep having problems with NPC-dialogue. For example I'm in the Underdark,
trying to talk to the leader of the Svirfneblinf village. But keep getting
the message : "Cannot initiate dialog. ... seems busy."
I used to have Unfinished Business 7 installed, but I've uninstalled most of
the mods. Anyone got any suggestions ?

pm

"Alex" <avandoesburg@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
> I keep having problems with NPC-dialogue. For example I'm in the
Underdark,
> trying to talk to the leader of the Svirfneblinf village. But keep getting
> the message : "Cannot initiate dialog. ... seems busy."
> I used to have Unfinished Business 7 installed, but I've uninstalled most
of
> the mods. Anyone got any suggestions ?

I encountered this once after re-installing and not installing the latest
patch. It is a listed fix on one of the patch versions IIRC. If this is the
answer to your problem, the good news is the fix works retrospectively.

PM

PM <none@invalid.address> wrote:
: "Alex" <avandoesburg@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
: news:412bd11c$0$7995$ee9da40f@news.wanadoo.nl...
:> I keep having problems with NPC-dialogue. For example I'm in the
: Underdark,
:> trying to talk to the leader of the Svirfneblinf village. But keep getting
:> the message : "Cannot initiate dialog. ... seems busy."
:> I used to have Unfinished Business 7 installed, but I've uninstalled most
: of
:> the mods. Anyone got any suggestions ?

: I encountered this once after re-installing and not installing the latest
: patch. It is a listed fix on one of the patch versions IIRC. If this is the
: answer to your problem, the good news is the fix works retrospectively.

And the bad news is that you must strip off all of your mods before installing the Bio patch. That's why
virtually all mod READMEs exhort you to install the Bioware patch before proceeding.

--
Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com

pm

"Jason Compton" <jcompton@typhoon.xnet.com> wrote in message
> PM <none@invalid.address> wrote:
> : "Alex" <avandoesburg@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
> : news:412bd11c$0$7995$ee9da40f@news.wanadoo.nl...
> :> I keep having problems with NPC-dialogue. For example I'm in the
> : Underdark,
> :> trying to talk to the leader of the Svirfneblinf village. But keep
getting
> :> the message : "Cannot initiate dialog. ... seems busy."
> :> I used to have Unfinished Business 7 installed, but I've uninstalled
most
> : of
> :> the mods. Anyone got any suggestions ?
>
> : I encountered this once after re-installing and not installing the
latest
> : patch. It is a listed fix on one of the patch versions IIRC. If this is
the
> : answer to your problem, the good news is the fix works retrospectively.
>
> And the bad news is that you must strip off all of your mods before
installing the Bio patch. That's why
> virtually all mod READMEs exhort you to install the Bioware patch before
proceeding.

That's ouch-worthy at best...hope for the original poster there may be
another explanation then...

> --
> Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com

alex

I thought i had installed the patch straight after installing ToB, but I
apparently didn't. I'l try and see what happens...