Sign in with
Your question

I have a Pavilion Slimline and I need help getting it to work with EVE

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 2, 2011 11:14:54 PM

Here is a link to the info about my computer https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=

If you want to comment on the doc then give me your e-mail and I will share it with you. The reason why I'm putting my info in a google doc is it's to much to put here

If you need any more info then give me a heads up. I don’t have the money to get another computer but I’m cool with paying a little for a video card as long as it’s under $100 or under $150 give or take if it has 3d cap. I don’t need to have something that makes me have a super computer because the only game that I will really be playing with for now is EVE because I mostly use this computer to watch TV since I have it hook up to it and school work and watch videos online like Hulu.

thanks
April 2, 2011 11:26:17 PM

Quote:
i take it that this is your specific model?
http://www.dabs.com/products/hp-pavilion-slimline-tower...

I'm not going to lie its been a year or so since i had this and it looks like it but i'm not 100% sure. the link i gave you should have all and more info needed to know what it is. Sorry about me being a noob in this lol
m
l
Related resources
April 3, 2011 12:26:43 AM

Quote:
•CPU: Intel Pentium® or AMD dual core @ 2 Ghz or greater which supports SSE2
•RAM: 2 GB
•HD space: 6gig Free Space
•Network: ADSL connection or faster
•Video: 256 MB Shader Model 3.0 Graphics cards such as GeForce 8 class card or higher, ATi 3000 series or higher and Similar chips from other manufacturers

going from the system requirements the gpu i mentioned (ati 5670) is more than enough for this game and will also give you a general performance increase especially with online videos that use hardware acceleration. so your best bet is to buy the 5670 as you say you will only be playing eve and also this card is fully dx11 capable.

Will this work with my pci end port. Below is the spec I got from one of my ports

Device : 82801G (ICH7 Family)
PCIe Port #2
Version : 1.0
Port : 2
Physical Slot : #2
Slot Populated : Yes
Link Width : x1 (max. x1)
Link Speed : 2.5GB/s

Thanks a billion
m
l
April 10, 2011 1:46:51 AM

To let you guys know I got the HD5450 to work with my computer. It mostly works on the lower settings but its better then what i had before
m
l
!