Closed Solved

Will two 6950's fit on a micro motherboard?

I'm looking at buying the asus Maximus v gene Micro atx but am worried that my cards won't fit. If both cards won't fit what motherboard would you recommend? Thanks
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will 6950 micro motherboard
  1. Best answer
    The HD 6950s will fit the board fine, but their length may interfer with an obstruction in your case. So, be sure to measure for that. The 2 cards will be close together, but there will still be enough space beteen them for the upper card's air intake.
  2. clutchc said:
    The HD 6950s will fit the board fine, but their length may interfer with an obstruction in your case. So, be sure to measure for that. The 2 cards will be close together, but there will still be enough space beteen them for the upper card's air intake.

Thanks for the pro tip!!
  3. They will fit as far as the motherboard goes, but the case is a different matter. Don't forget you need a decent PSU to power such a system.
  4. Why would you pay $209 for a M-atx board when you can get a full size board for $130 that will run them just as well?
  5. @geek approved

Probably to put it in smaller case he can carry with him and take to Lan parties, assuming he got such a case and didn't go buying one with space for a full ATX board because then yeah that would be silly ^_^
  6. Or he just liked that board and didn't need or want the wasted, unused expansion slots. There's nothing wrong with a mATX board in an ATX mid tower. And sometimes you can pay a bit less for all the same features you get in an ATX board.
  7. Yeah..... but in this case clutch that mATX board costs more :p
  8. Same board, same retailer, but the mATX costs more than the ATX? In that case, I too would probably opt for the ATX if my case allowed.
  9. Best answer selected by Hint172.
  10. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards ATX