Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus hd6870 problem help please!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 3, 2011 12:18:39 AM

I just bought asus hd6870 for my new pc. I am running a msi 890 g65 micro atx mobo and it comes with a hd49 series. I installed the gpu and i installed the drivers but my computer is not recognizing the new card. is there a place i can see how is properly installed? or anyone can help figuring it out my problem. Do i have to connect both pci e connectors from the power supply to it? It has two on the card but when i read the instructions it said not to plug both but the pictures looked useless. Anyone help please. Thanks.

More about : asus hd6870 problem

Best solution

April 3, 2011 2:23:26 AM

Are you sure it says that in the directions? Every card I have ever heard of with two pci connectors on it use them. Watch this, it will help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVZfet0BPTE it tells you all the steps.
April 3, 2011 4:22:19 PM

Yeah the directions were helpless. It had three different pictures that look nothing like my card. But I did plug both of the connectors from the psu and it worked. Ha simple noob mistake. I am semi new to all of these. Thanks for your help.
m
l
Related resources
April 3, 2011 4:22:30 PM

Best answer selected by lbpktdonas.
m
l
April 4, 2011 12:12:24 AM

I am glad that I could help you out with this. I got my gtx 460 from asus and had to look online to figure out how to get it setup also since they include almost no directions in the box.
m
l
April 4, 2011 4:33:46 AM

Yeah it was a pain for a bit but it was a simple fix. Thanks again.
m
l
!