Solved

What is the smallest HAF case for these two video cards.

I trust the Coolmaster HAF brand because I have a 922 model myself and it fits my HD5970 (11inch) card.

But this question is for a friend there is either going to buy.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1193&products_id=17326
Card Dimensions (mm) - 244/117/37

OR

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1193&products_id=17326
Card Dimensions (mm) 350/127/44

Now I'm wondering what is the smallest HAF case to fit, card one and card two.
(So he can spend as little as possible).

I will forward your answer to him.

Thanks a lot Tom's community.

PS: If someone can teach me how to read case dimensions (becuase they alter throughout the case) I would never have to ask this question again. Cheers.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what smallest case video cards
  1. The smallest HAF case, a HAF 912, will fit both cards (it can fit your 5970 too just so you know).
  2. That price is a rip off though check out msy if you aussie
  3. mershaq said:
    That price is a rip off though check out msy if you aussie


    My mate moved to the country so no MSY for him. Plus the fact that they don't sell MSI graphic cards, sucks.
  4. So whoever lets me know how to read the inside case dimensions gets the 'best answer' vote.
  5. Best answer
    the 912 can fit cards up to 15.4", the other cases offer even more room. your friend would be fine with any of the cases

  6. dirtyferret said:
    the 912 can fit cards up to 15.4", the other cases offer even more room. your friend would be fine with any of the cases

    http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/upload/product/3009/feature4.jpg


    +1 for best answer (has a picture too).
  7. Best answer selected by irlwizard.
  8. Ahh ok! I thought you only look at the small dimension (10.6inch in the pic). That is why I bought the slightly larger case for my card.

    I don't know if this matters but... Does a smaller case stay cooler then a larger one (given that fact you use modular cables, not taking up too much room). I am thinking, the fans are closer to the components, therefore cooling them better. On the other hand more space means better airflow and possibly better cooling as well.

    Would anyone shed some light on this?
  9. irlwizard said:
    Ahh ok! I thought you only look at the small dimension (10.6inch in the pic). That is why I bought the slightly larger case for my card.

    I don't know if this matters but... Does a smaller case stay cooler then a larger one (given that fact you use modular cables, not taking up too much room). I am thinking, the fans are closer to the components, therefore cooling them better. On the other hand more space means better airflow and possibly better cooling as well.

    Would anyone shed some light on this?


    Logistically speaking, larger cases would allow for better cooling as they offer more room for air to enter and to escape. A mid-tower can stay just as cool if you have the right amount of fans. Usually, 2 is enough, but the more would allow for optimal cooling.
  10. Fair enough.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Graphics Cards Components