Sign in with
Your question

Is there a card like this that can go on the HP Slimline s5220f

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 3, 2011 1:42:30 AM

First off, I am a noob when it comes to mod a computer, like I know how to change cards out and I have done it before but I don't want to mod my computer to make this work.

I'm trying to get my computer to work with EVE Online and it is a HP s5220f
My current specs are in this link https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1ndHnotAkeV_mbZ...
The only real dif between the s5220f that you get from the store and mine is I added a WiFi card.
I ran Windows Wizard on my computer and it told me I have pci-e 1 slot so please make sure the card isn't a pci-e 2. If you want to see the pci-e slot then go to the link above and go all the way down to the bottom and it should be under This is from PC Wizard 2010 and a few other places.

Here is the specs for EVE Online http://support.eveonline.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=1...
CPU: Intel Pentium® or AMD dual core @ 2 Ghz or greater which supports SSE2
RAM: 2 GB
HD space: 6gig Free Space
Network: ADSL connection or faster
Video: 256 MB Shader Model 3.0 Graphics cards such as GeForce 8 class card or higher, ATi 3000 series or higher and Similar chips from other manufacturers
Drivers: DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers
DVD-ROM : 2 speed DVD reader or greater required.

This is pretty much going to be the only game I will play on here since all I really use this computer for is to watch TV, watch Hulu, and school work.

Also, it's been a while since I put the WiFi card in and I forgot, because I have a slimline does that mean I need a mini pci-e card?

More about : card slimline s5220f

a b U Graphics card
April 3, 2011 6:25:37 AM

Answered in a different thread. You need a low profile or low profile ready graphic card.
Related resources
April 3, 2011 4:43:48 PM

actually it's not triple posting because the post you pointed out was me asking what type of pcie slots I have. Thanks by the way for that info :) . This one I'm asking what type of video card I should get. I figure out I should get an HD 5450 and mines should come in on tues so we will see how that works
July 29, 2012 12:54:33 AM

did the hd 5450 work?? i have the same problem
!