Msi 560ti Twin Frozr Stuttering and Low Fps Help Please

Hey guys I will try and make this short. After posting once 2 days ago in the Nvidia forums I received no feedback, so I am attempting again here. So I recently upgraded from an old ati 4850 to a 560ti hoping it would help my fps in Rift which I now play.Let me say it does in open areas and weakly populated zones, but my issue comes in when I enter warfronts which are battlegrounds in Rift. My fps plummets from 40-50 on high-ultra to 9+ in clustered areas. And although I expect a drop in I don't expect the same performance with a 560 that I had with my 3 year + old 4850. I have tried many things and read up on fixes but nothing help.

Things I have tried:
-Adjusting ingame settings -Low-Ultra, shaders, aa, af etc, nothing seems to help enough to make it stable and smooth.
-3 nvidia drivers including the recent beta ones, 266.44 and 266.66.
-Overclocking my cpu which I stated below (4.2ghz), while it helped, not much.
-Toying with Nvidia control panel, max performance - quality, with pre-rendered frames @ 0-8
-TLB fixes, although not sure it applies to the Phenom 2's

So here are my specs with hope that somebody can help me :(

Phenom II x4 955 Be 3.2ghz Overclocked to 4.2ghz with Hyper 212+
asus m4a evo motherboard
msi gtx560ti twin frozr
4gb g.skill ripjaws
500gb hdd
gx coolermaster 650w psu
windows 7 64bit ultimate
24" Synaps Lcd 1920x1080

Thanks ahead of time guys, would really appreciate some feedback as to what can possibly help me, as I ordered from quite the distance and returning is not an option.
4 answers Last reply
More about 560ti twin frozr stuttering please
  1. aren't mmo's cpu bound? why not post in rift's official board then try to compare with other people their. must be a problem with the game itself. a driver update (270) is in beta. you can try that out as well.
  2. it might not be your card. if rift is anything like wow, going into a high pop area or being around a lot of special effects is a HUGE tax on your system.
  3. I did try the 270 version, same deal as the others. I also posted on the rift forums many times, I got the same replies to turn down graphics, to do a fresh install etc and toy around with settings which I have done countless times.

To reply to you fatsoferret, I realize it will take a fall, but I have friends with 9800gtx's and equivalent cards, and also 1 buddy whom runs with a 5850 and doesn't see dips like I do. I wouldn't mind the fps droppings if it wasn't so choppy at that rate, I just did not expect it with this card, as my 4850 reacted the same with the same fps in clustered spots.

I know this is something that isn't easily solved, but I just figured I would come see what you guys though on these forums. Perhaps somebody had an idea.

Anyways thanks for the input so far.
  4. im dumbfounded, i have the same problem in wow in org (big city) my rates sucks, and thats with a GTX 570, tho i know my problem is CPU based. the only thing i can think of for you is the 560ti just doesnt have enough umph to power through the demanding work so you take a frame hit
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics