Sign in with
Your question

Wireless Router Help!

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 7, 2010 1:38:39 AM

I have a Netgear wireless router and I've been having trouble with my internet connection, so I wanted to change the channel to see if that would help. I went to http://www.routerlogin.com to see if I could change the settings. My region says Europe even though I live in the United States and I can't change it. (What does this mean? Does it matter?) The drop down channel menu only shows channel 6. The mode is on the default of Auto 108 Mbps. Please help. I don't know what to do. This stuff is out of my range of expertise.

More about : wireless router

Anonymous
December 7, 2010 4:22:35 AM

The Europe setting may limit your wireless power but should be able to be set to US in Wireless Settings. If not I would press the reset on the router, which restores defaults and may allow you to select US.

In Wireless Mode untick Auto108 and select g this should permit selecting which ever channel works most strongly in your environment. Bear in mind that if you can detect strong neighbouring wifi networks, select a channel five or more stops from the strongest.

For more, see your router manual -- probably on CD which came with it or from netgear's support site.
!