Sign in with
Your question

Graphic driver - windows 7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 3, 2011 7:55:38 AM

Hello,
I have a problem with installing graphics driver for Windows 7 on my Dell latitude D830.(It has a nVidia Quadro NVS 140m)
The first time I installed Win7 it was fine for a while, then after 2 or 3 times blue screen, the screen booted up distorted and in 640*480 resolution. I re-installed win7 but since I can't install the latest driver I download from nvidia website, every time I install the driver and reboot, the screen goes distorted with dots and 640X480 resolution [it gives an error 43 in device manager] so I have to use "standard VGA adapter" driver which reduces the functionality!
Can anyone help me with this issue please?

More about : graphic driver windows

April 3, 2011 9:04:57 AM

BSODs and dots on the screen generally indicates hardware failure. Most likely either the graphics chip or graphics memory chips have a problem.
m
l
April 3, 2011 3:01:04 PM

^+1
It looks like you're going to need to send the machine in for repairs, which should be quite the nightmare with Dell Customer Support =P
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b $ Windows 7
April 3, 2011 3:43:48 PM

Small dots on screen is generally a memory issue. Blocks and banding is usually the GPU chip itself.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
April 5, 2011 7:00:43 AM

ideenr_85 said:
Hello,
I have a problem with installing graphics driver for Windows 7 on my Dell latitude D830.(It has a nVidia Quadro NVS 140m)
The first time I installed Win7 it was fine for a while, then after 2 or 3 times blue screen, the screen booted up distorted and in 640*480 resolution. I re-installed win7 but since I can't install the latest driver I download from nvidia website, every time I install the driver and reboot, the screen goes distorted with dots and 640X480 resolution [it gives an error 43 in device manager] so I have to use "standard VGA adapter" driver which reduces the functionality!
Can anyone help me with this issue please?

Hello,
I am from the Dell Social Outreach Services Group handling Customer Queries through Face Book, Twitter and blogs across the Globe. I am really sorry for the issue you are facing. Kindly reach us at @dellcares or www.dell.com/facebook with the service tag.
Regards-Tulsi
m
l
April 12, 2011 6:59:38 PM

Thanks Everyone for your help!I think there is something wrong with my graphic memory chips!
because when I see the advanced settings in my display adapter, it shows me only 14mb of graphic memory!!!!!?

it will be probably better to buy a new laptop....this baby has been with me for around 4 years now!
m
l
!