Sign in with
Your question

Bios Help

Last response: in Motherboards
May 31, 2012 9:26:22 PM

Hello,
So my computer boots fine but i cant seem to enter bios. the motherboard screen shows up and when i hit the delete key the computer goes to a black screen like its about to enter bios but then it boots windows instead. need some help. is there any way to enter bios after windows has loaded

More about : bios

May 31, 2012 9:44:17 PM

You may have to hit another key, instead of the delete key.

Attempt F11 or any of the F keys during the boot sequence. Watch the screen carefully for instructions, in case it does show what key to press while the BIOS is booting up.

It might take a while, since there are a lot of F keys....

If you aren't using a PS/2 or USB keyboard, it won't work either. Bluetooth keyboards require the bluetooth drivers to load before it can be used (Windows).
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2012 9:44:53 PM

Not all computers (MBs) use the Del Key to enter BIOS.
Do you have the computer manual, or can you supply a make/model for the Mother Board.
m
l
Related resources
May 31, 2012 9:49:03 PM

its a gigabyte z77x u5h motherboard. the key to enter is the delete key because yesterday i was enter in and out of bios. my computer is also booting windows from a ssd
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2012 10:30:42 PM

Yes, Also have several gigabyte MB and key is <del> during post.
The SSD should be a non issue.
How is the keyboard connected, I'm using a wireless USB keyboard and mouse and have problems on occassions getting into bios (Same-same on wifes low end gigabyte MB). For mine I keep a Usb Keyboard handy and just pug it in if I have a problem getting into BIOS.
m
l
June 1, 2012 3:21:39 AM

problem resolved. i had to use a usb keyboard like you said thanks. on to the next problem i go
m
l
!