Sign in with
Your question

Setting up wireless with D-link WRB-1310

Last response: in Networking
August 31, 2010 7:58:56 PM

I have the wrb-1310, a speedtouch 516 and an Asus PCE-N13 Adapter card, running on win 7 64bit.

I turned off the modem and router, connected the modem to the router in the WAN port and turned on the router. Waited 30 seconds and then plugged the PC into port 1 of the router and then turned on the router. Now when I go to check the wirless status in Network Connections I just see this:

I try to enable the connection but it just defaults back to disabled.

What can I do to get this up and running?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 1, 2010 9:23:03 AM

Why are you using an ADSL router (which has a built in modem) with a separate modem as well ? If the service you are receiving is Cable internet an ADSL router may not work -- you'll need a router designed to work with a separate modem, usually these are referred to as cable routers.

If you have ADSL service, just set up the Speedtouch and dump the separate modem.
September 1, 2010 10:44:24 AM

you're telling me I can run a wireless network with just the speedtouch and my asus adapter card? I don't need the dlink?

It is ADSL+ service I'm getting not cable.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 1, 2010 1:23:05 PM

If the Speedtouch doesn't have wireless and the Dlink doesn't have a modem you presumably need both -- and perhaps this link will help sort out any problem:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080

My query is that it's a needlessy complex solution for ADSL. The Speedtouch is a router and the D-Link is a router -- most people buy an integrated wireless router with inbuilt ADSL modem.

September 1, 2010 3:44:17 PM

Quote:
If the Speedtouch doesn't have wireless and the Dlink doesn't have a modem you presumably need both -- and perhaps this link will help sort out any problem:
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1080

My query is that it's a needlessy complex solution for ADSL. The Speedtouch is a router and the D-Link is a router -- most people buy an integrated wireless router with inbuilt ADSL modem.

I honestly didn't even know those existed...I think you're dead on with the needlessly complex comment...I agree. I'm going to look for an all in one solution then. Thank you, and thanks for the link.
!