Got New GB of RAM..Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

thehahn

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Just Got 1GB stick installed and it isn't showing up. I have dual channels.
what it said on the order form of the new stick (DDR2-800, PC2-6400)

I currently have 2GB DDR2
Module size: 1024 MB
Max Bandwidth: PC2-6400 (400MHz)
(2 seperate 1GB sticks)

System info:
Mobo: GA-M55SLI-S4
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 5200+
it's overclocked but i'm not sure by how much or anything like that.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

Solution
i forgot to mention. is your system functioning properly? don't update the bios unless needed. whcich your athlon is the only cpu you can use in it so.... no point but go into windows and go to this link:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2310#dl

Download type will be instead of driver it will be BIOS. then select your country for the top one. Now. If your not having ANY system issues i highly advice you not to go any further but if you want to update your bios. heres the rest of the steps. Download the file, unpackage the folder and drag the BIOS image(file) to your floppy disk. then restart and go back to BIOS. There snoop around till you find anything about "BIOS Flash" or check your motherboard manual. heres a...
Hold up.... Your telling me you went into BIOS and randomly started clicking stuff to overclock without asking a experienced user first.... Your in a pickle my friend. uhh.... open up the side of your computer and take out the watch battery looking thing, keep it out for 10-30 mins. this clears any memory the board would have of BIOS settings. After wards, Come back here and do nothing further until we say so...

thehahn

Honorable
May 31, 2012

oh no sorry, bad wording. It was overclocked before i got it so im not sure on the overclocking specs

thehahn

Honorable
May 31, 2012

okay wow, i got it. clamps were not on it all the way. also maybe yo could help with my bios i want to update? i dont have a floppy drive but thats the only thing my q-flash will take (v.1.39) i have my bios version and formatted usb but no way to update

thehahn

Honorable
May 31, 2012

Manu- Gigabyte Tech Co., Ltd
Model- GA-M55SLI-S4

BIOS:
Award Software International, Inc.
version-F4
date- 07/18/2006

i forgot to mention. is your system functioning properly? don't update the bios unless needed. whcich your athlon is the only cpu you can use in it so.... no point but go into windows and go to this link:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2310#dl

Download type will be instead of driver it will be BIOS. then select your country for the top one. Now. If your not having ANY system issues i highly advice you not to go any further but if you want to update your bios. heres the rest of the steps. Download the file, unpackage the folder and drag the BIOS image(file) to your floppy disk. then restart and go back to BIOS. There snoop around till you find anything about "BIOS Flash" or check your motherboard manual. heres a PDF of your manual:http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2310#manual. - that should tell you the whole process of updating your BIOS

After that the system should restart and you should be up to latest BIOS. But again. only update if your experiencing some hardware issues

Solution

thehahn

Honorable
May 31, 2012

Really the only thing is that when in sleep mode the fan doesn't turn off, like it use to. But either than that i think its running fine.

thehahn

Honorable
May 31, 2012

oh alright well i guess all is good. Once again, how often should the CMOS battery be replaced?

The CMOS should have to be replaced. And usualy when it gets time to replace the CMOS battery... you might as well get a new board because your system is most likely time for the closet life. and a new system to take over its spot at the desk

thehahn

Honorable
May 31, 2012

cool cool thanks a lot mate

Yea man, if you have any more questions. feel free to ask. If not. Please select the best answer. If you have a different question and would like someone elses opinion. Please fill out a thread form in the respective area

Glad i could help. And i would like to add. If you ever need my help. Please Contact me via PM .

Please do not post your @mail (that way u are helping to spread the spam), u will be automatically notified in your email when someone post a fresh line in your thread.

Thanx : )

Status
Not open for further replies.