karanpal singh

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
My cpu is intel core2duo E7300 on intel dg31pr motherboard.idle temperatures are 60c and load temp reaches 70c.i have the stock fan.case is well ventilated and room temp is around 24c.what is causing such high temps or is normal with intel mobos as i have read.i used cpucool for temp monitoring.

myowaiwin

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
check ur cpu fan and heat sink.
the heat sink is in correct position, firm and the fan spinning correctly.

and have u OC?

if not OC, and other factors are ok, u should remove the heat sink, clean and re apply thermal paste and re position the heat sink.

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
OC = Overclock. It means tweaking settings in your motherboard's BIOS to make the processor run faster than it does stock. If you don't really know what that means or haven't done any of that then your processor is likely running at stock speed.

karanpal singh

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
I havent overclocked it yet but am looking forward to it but was set back by the high temperatures.i will surely check the fan for dust and thermal paste.
I just wanted to know if this problem was common with intel mobos.
Thanks anyway.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008

I know it does not sound like much help, :pt1cable: but check to see if your cpu fan is tightly screwed down & if it is not. ;) You'll just have to unscrew it & put new cpu thermal paste down onto the cpu & screw down firm,but not too tight in case you lose your screws thread or the screw snaps. ;)

A stock 775 HSF does not 'screw down'.

karanpal singh

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
sorry for posting so late.....I just found that the temp i am seeing is actually the motherboard temp with everest software.my cpu temperatures are normal idling at 28-30C.i have updated my bios to the latest version.it worked for some people as it was temps not being shown correctly.but it didnt work for me.mobo temps reach 70c.i googled this and many people had the same problem and only working fix for others was bios update.
should i just ignore this or is there a fix.plzzzzzzz help me...

zxcvbnm_04

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

i have the same problem, i removed the heatsink [ not the processor one. It is mounted on the clips on mobo below the cpu heatsink & Fan] cleaned it, applied thermal paste & started the pc. The previous temp were around 70C and the current Temp is around 60C. Not much effect, but better than previous one. If u dont know how to mount the heatsink, please dont try otherwise it may be damaged :non: . Try at your own risk :whistle: