My integrated gpu is not being detected on asus p8z68-v pro?

gamer2121

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
Hey guys, I just installed a sapphire radeon hd 7870 and went to try and install the the Lucid Virtu software and my intel integrated gpu was not detected. This seems very strange. Please help. Thanks.

ngrego

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
^The GPU must be enabled in BIOS and there should not be a Graphics card installed on the PCIE slot. Most mobos disable on board graphics when a graphics card is connected to PCIE. Check your manual, it should be in there.

you mb bios like mine the asus sabertooth you have to go in and turn the lucent chipset on. got to got to advance mode it under system adjent (pch settings) turn them on under here and the intel gpu should turn on.
make sure your using the newest intel chipset driver from intel web page and the mvp software.

gamer2121

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
I'm sorry, what is that mvp software you speak of? Also, question for you, is the latest bios version from february because when I go to update my asus bios through the asus suite ii it just stays loading and doesn't update anything. Thanks a lot for the info guys.

the last one is P8Z68-V PRO BIOS 3402 from asus. I never flash the bios from windows if it screws up it brick your mb. I always use a usb stick fat32 formated and use the bios flash tools in the bios.
http://www.lucidlogix.com/index.html
http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads-virtu.html
the updated software..newer then the one on asus web page,
you dont have to install it if your not trying to run the gpu and the intel video chipset in games. if you have a slower gpu you can make the intel chipset help your game play.

gamer2121

Distinguished
May 13, 2012

I have another question about the integrated gpu. I just enabled my igpu. what should I set the memory to be used to? Should I set it to the highest(1gig)?
Thanks.

gamer2121

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
Do I have to pay for lucid virtu mvp? My motherboard dvd just came with lucid virtu software and, from the looks of it on the lucid website, lucid mvp is a much enhanced version of the base lucid virtu software. Thanks.