-Help- I'm having weird issue with me new build.

mckibbon17

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Hello, I'm having weird issue with me new build.

Build:
Core i7-990x
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Series 24gb
Video Card GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB x2
Mobo ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58
HD: Raid 0 Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb

So when I'm playing games like WoW I can be running around just fine with 100FPS, as soon as I raid or PVP ( Anything with a lot going on ) I drop down to about 2 fps.

APB is the same way, as soon as I start fighting the FPS just drops, also with APB a lot of the time my computer will just freeze and force me to restart the machine, not a BSOD, just a hard freeze.

Here's the interesting part, I was thinking that it was my two 560ti's not performing correctly, so I tried just 1 560ti, same thing, tried the other one, same issue. So I put in my old GTX285, and I got the SAME ISSUE. So, in my opinion, its not the GPU's causing the issue.

So, I'm assuming its either my RAID 0 Setup Incorrectly, or my MOBO, what do you guys think?

Tillman32

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Looking at the system, and what it supports, I don't think its a support issue, I think its something wrong with a Driver, setting or maybe hardware.

But I can't exactly pin point what it may be.

mckibbon17

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Yea i oced MY CPU to 4Ghz but like i said its running like a chap and stable for the Cpu part thats all ive oced
My PSU is
SILVERSTONE ST1200 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

mckibbon17

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Yea im going 2 test my Hd in normal here with a dummy drive i have and see if it fixes anything

And yes ive checked everything with my drivers they are all up to date even the Bios and all that good stuff

mckibbon17

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
well ive tested the cards in other computers like i said before in the posts that both cards work great in other computers and in this mobo it just does not work at all is it a bad mobo? has any one had this issue before? any way 2 fix this?

ive also tryed working video cards from my other computer in this mobo and it does the same thing so im not sure what it can be. i guess ill try the Video drivers again i guess

mckibbon17

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
Alright i be-leave i found out whats doing it my ram i put one by one and see what happen and it seemed 4 out of 6 where bad =/ dont trust the full test they lie! haha

Hi man, sorry I've been absent, life tat...
I still think its the mobo yes, seeing as you ruled out the ram now as well
the only other option is fresh install of windows and WoW, I tried cheating a while back and just ghosted WoW to a new drive, kept all the same old problems as before
bite the bullet, get the 14 or so disks and erm, reWoW your WoW :p
Moto

mckibbon17

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
its all good yea i reinstalled wow already wow seems 2 be fine now but i still lock up on other games like APB like after 10 - 20 min of playing just lockes up i keep thinken its over heating but its not they all seem good -.- i also reinstalled windows and it also did not work sigh so i guess it might be my mobo fried or some thing just bad on it thats just messing it up

mckibbon17

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
not that i can tell i mean they feal nice and cool the video cards are just warm not even hot so idk what can cause this whats going on i can do anything i want on my desktop not lock up or anything but when my computer starts 2 play games or some thing high in graphics it just locked up