Recommend graphics card for HP Pavilion a296n?

nuclearmateo

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Hello,
Hello,
Just upgraded the old girl to Windows 7, and 2gb of RAM. I'm wondering if anybody knows what type of video card would be a good economy type for this machine. It doesn't see a lot of gaming; truthfully, I'm wondering I even need to do anything, as it seems ok with Win7, despite the "1.0" experience score it gives.

Solution
Any AGP lower end card will run in the computer, as long as you have the space for the card, check the size of the card against the space you have free around the video slot. You can't check what type revision of AGP slot you have by opening the case, there are only a few revisions of it anyway. Your slot is almost certainly a 4x or an 8x one.

nuclearmateo

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Read a bit about AGP slots - there seem to be fifty different types. Which type do I have (without the obvious, which is taking the case off and checking) - I only wanna do it once more, as its an old box.

Any AGP lower end card will run in the computer, as long as you have the space for the card, check the size of the card against the space you have free around the video slot. You can't check what type revision of AGP slot you have by opening the case, there are only a few revisions of it anyway. Your slot is almost certainly a 4x or an 8x one.

Solution