BIOs page freezes on new build

freshed05

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
I've been running my new build for about a week now until I've come across a blue screen and its been downhill ever since. After the blue screen I wasn't able to get into the bios period, it freezes on the main bios loading screen when I hit F11, the key that gets me into the bios. When it first happened I was able to get back into windows without having to go into the bios so I just did that. I can't get into windows anymore im running safemode atm with networking and its the only thing I can run. I've completely rebuilt my PC (except cpu) and reset the bios using the battery removal method. Anyone know what my problem could be?

msi P67A G43 mobo
gtx 460 se
8gb wintec ddr3
160gb hd
530w raidmax psu

Please see the PSU guide linked in my sig. That would be the first suspect. There are no good Raidmax PSUs.

I don't know if that is all of your problem or not. It's possible that the BIOS is corrupted somehow. You might flash the BIOS but that is always a fairly drastic measure. What version do you have and what version is MSI offering?

freshed05

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
ok well I've got the PC running but the problem i have is with the new ram i ordered (8GB at the moment), 2x2GB(4GB) Wintec, doesnt let me into bios when i have them installed alongside the same exact pair ive had a week prior to receiving the new pair. Is the new ram faulty? i ran prime95 and made 7900MB to be used, and checked in task manager to see 7.9GB was being used with no crash. The only problem im having is getting into the bios with the new pair of 4gigs installed

to clear up any confusion i have 4 sticks of 2GB installed at the moment, but cant get into bios. if i removed the 2 new sticks of ram i received, i CAN get into the bios. So basically if either of the new sticks are installed i cant get into the bios , but all 8GB are recognized and tested on windows with prime95. Do i need a bios update or is the new ram faulty? im confused

heres the ram i have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161279&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

ordered it once with the build 2 weeks ago, and again about 2 days ago decided to get another pair for a total of 8gb

i have a MSI P67A-G43 mobo

It's usually not so simple to populate all 4 slots of the memory, especially when using two 2-stick kits. The memory is designed to run as a set of two.

You can try increasing the voltage slightly on all 4 slots, and see if that helps. You would not need to go beyond 1.54V.

TRENDING THREADS