Sign in with
Your question

Error while running Prime95!

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
June 16, 2011 8:29:36 PM

Hello!

I recently began priming my computer after a fresh build. I have spent the last 3 days priming the computer for 5-6 consecutive hours a day without issue. However, today Prime95 gave me an error at roughly three hours and thirty minutes into the test (Large FFT/Max Heat). The error reads "FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4". After the error was received, the CPU usage went from 100% to 87%.

As I said, this computer is a fresh build and I have not experienced this error before. Nothing in the computer has been overclocked, everything is stock. My CPU temps never exceeded 50C on any core. The Motherboard temps never went over 40C, so im quite sure its not related to poor cooling.

I do not get BSODs or reboots when said error occurs.

The computer seems to run fine when benchmarking and when being subjected to normal use in Windows.

Any thoughts?

My specs are as follows:

Silverstone FT02
Intel i7 2600K (No OC)
Gigabyte p67a UD7 B3
Kingston HyperX Grey Edition 12GB (No OC)
EVGA 480 GTX Superclock (No OC)
Seasonic X850 Gold

More about : error running prime95

a b B Homebuilt system
June 16, 2011 9:21:37 PM

My thoughts: don't worry about it too much!

Possibly an issue with memory timings or voltage, perhaps your CPU could need a bit more juice...

Try bumping up your memory or CPU core voltage a bit. Personally, I'd also try priming it overclocked to 4.5ghz @ 1.35v or so for a little while and see how that goes...

Maybe not quite that high if you're just on the stock heatsink... but I sure hope you aren't if you sprung for a UD7 and the FT02...
a b B Homebuilt system
June 16, 2011 9:24:44 PM

jasonw223 said:
My thoughts: don't worry about it too much!

Possibly an issue with memory timings or voltage, perhaps your CPU could need a bit more juice...

Try bumping up your memory or CPU core voltage a bit. Personally, I'd also try priming it overclocked to 4.5ghz @ 1.35v or so for a little while and see how that goes...

Maybe not quite that high if you're just on the stock heatsink... but I sure hope you aren't if you sprung for a UD7 and the FT02...

My thoughts exactly.

I will try those settings in the morning so that I may get a "fresh start" on the whole thing.

Haha no, I am using the Prolimatech Genesis.
!