Trouble adding new graphics card to dq35jo motherboard

lamadori

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I have a DQ35JO intel motherboard and onboard graphics. I recently upgraded to 32 bit Windows 7. I decided to upgrade to graphics and purchased a GeForce 8440gs. Once installed I started the system and the new graphics card info was displayed. Then the system would not start windows and remained at the intel screen with 5A displayed in the lower right corner. I felt the board may bebad so I returned and replaced it with an upgraded mode. Same problem. after reading other blogs, I am apprhensive to try upgrading the bios and anything wlse. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

lamadori

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
The graphics card is good. I took the first on back and this is a different card. The system will boot and function properly without the new graphics card installed. I only have a problem when I install the new graphic card in the PCI-express slot.

lamadori

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I moved the SATA connector to another plug. Same result, will not boot and the 5A is still displayed.

I am uncertain about your recommendation regarding the BIOS. I understand pulling the battery but what is the second part about the jumper?

lamadori

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I really appreciate your help with this issue. I have not tried your recommendation as of yet. I have some project work to finish and have not had time. As soon as I do, I will let you know the results. Thanks again for your responses.

lamadori

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Well, I found time to follow your procedure. I still have a problem but it is different. Before, with the new graphics card installed, the boot would hang up with 5A. Now the boot does not even go that far. The new graphics card is recognized and displayed, the screen goes blank, and nothing happens after that. Not sure what to do next.

Again, thanks for yout time.

lamadori

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Well, problem finally resolved. Since I have tried everything logical, it has to be the motherboard. I took the computer to the shop and they confirmed the PCI-express conection was bad. It must have been bad when I purchased the motherboard 3 1/2 years ago. I never used the slot so it never showed up till now.

So, I really appreciate your time and help with this problem.

quantity

Honorable
Sep 23, 2012
I had this same problem. After adding a new graphics card (Asus HD7770) to my DQ35JO motherboard the BIOS hung at POST 5A. Removing the SATA cable to my HDD allowed BIOS to boot. In BIOS settings I changed SATA emulation to AHCI instead of IDE, and now BIOS boots with my HDD connected. However I had to boot as IDE again and persuade Win 7 to load AHCI drivers on next startup, or else Windows failed to boot. Here is the procedure for that: http://www.askvg.com/how-to-change-sata-hard-disk-mode-from-ide-to-ahci-raid-in-bios-after-installing-windows/

Florinian

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Anyone descover how to resolve this method because i try everything and i my case dont work any of the methods.
Bios refresh, bios reinstal, i disconnect all the hdd from computer, all the setings modify in bios provided on the internet and windows modification to boot in safe mod. All the methods saying by people and the error 5A still there.
???????????? Please help

Configuration: IntelDQ35JO
8 GB RAM
550 W power supply
120 GB SSD
Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X OC WindForce 3X 2GB DDR5 256-bit

lamadori

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012