No beeps when there is no ram. or when there is ram

Ted1234

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
lately i been having trouble with my pc. yesterday, my pc work well. no problem. but today when i put it on, the fans came but there was no signal form the monitor, or any beeps stating that the pc would come on. After waiting a while i took of the pc with the power button, and remove all the rams and put it back on.. There was still no beebs. which i found to be weird. also the power button stop working, it can put on the pc but i have to unplug it to put it back on :/. i am lost for ideas on how to make it work again, as i dont know if its the ram.. or anything as i cant hear the beeps anymore :/.

Ted1234

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
CPU: Amd dual core.. i think its 6400
RAM: with link please. its two 1gb sticks, markvision. 1gb ddr2 800MHz-cl5
GPU: I am a little unsure what this is, but i have a geforce 9500gt
PSU: a dual 500 Mustiff, i uploaded a pic of it.
HDD: segate 160gb
Motherboard: k9n6sgm-v (amd brand)
OS type + version - Window 7 ultimate.

photos i took out, dont knoq if t would be of help

ram slots = http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/img0047ks.jpg/

power supply = http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/img0046qn.jpg/

i just hoping that the motherboard is ok, since the fan is still spinning even doe there is no beeps

Ted1234

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

i cant as i dont have another system to check it on.. what weird me out is how i dont hear any more beeps.. and well i not sure if there is a problem in the ram slots. i check to see if there is any broken pin. there is no visible sighs of that, and well the other weird problem of how the power button only works to put on the system, it cant take out the system :/.

Ted1234

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

yes its working well. do you think anything is wrong with the board? as before i had to try not to shake the tower as one of the ram slot seem to not recognize the ram stick, i had to put in the stick with out putting the cap over it.. but now it seem to not recognize any stick in the both slot :/

Ted1234

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

ok, even doe i had reset it before. i cleared the CMOS by Reseating the CMOS Battery.. i waited 30 mins before putting it back, with one ram stick inserted.. (it works well with one stick).. the fan spins like normal. but there are no indications of the computer starting up.. after waiting about 10 mins. i had to unplug to take off the computer.

Ted1234

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

No, i live in the Caribbean. an island known as Trinidad. i just remove put in back my graphic card. and well it gave trouble to start, but when i played up with the ram stick, it work.. Is it really the power supply? it kinda over price on this side. i think like 300 for it. but i wouldnt want to buy one and end up with the same problem

in addition, the pc have started up back as normal. no errors reported. it only took long to start up. but its working..

It could be the PSU for 90%.

Try to clean the dust away if there is any in the PSU.

I don't think its RAM, because it would not start that way.

Could be the mobo? Yes, small chance.

Ask friend and hook it on his PC's PSU.

Do u have a store there, where u can bring it in and they can look at it for free?

Ted1234

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

sad thing, i left the pc on and well check to see if everything was normal. and before i new it i smell something like plastic burning.. then suddenly the monitor cut of, it was that which was overheating. now there is no power from the monitor so i think that is fried. I am at fault, for that and i guess its is the power supply, may be a off voltage cause the monitor to over heat. i dont know if the monitor would still work, but i dis connect everything, i will have to take it to some one to see what wrong. I am 100% to blame :fou: . and i am angry with my self.

i think i will have to start to save to redo my pc

mubin

Distinguished
Check your monitor separately to see if its power-on and give no input massage in display.

Next time try to be more careful about assembling pc. You had a bad luck.

You know what, one day i pulled out a capacitor from my old 915gv mobo to see if it burn like yours. Also touch the cpu pin in mobo to damage it. But no luck. It is running fine. Though i join the capacitor lately. Such a good gigabyte board and my luck :D

Ted1234

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

well its not luck.. no power from the monitor. but i would just save and do a better system..:)

Latest posts