Sign in with
Your question

XFX HD 5850 black edition warranty

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 3, 2011 9:02:39 PM

Hi Could anyone tell me what the warranty situation is for my XFX HD 5850 black edition I brought the
computor second hand but only a few months old at the time last summer now the graphics card has
gone bad And was wondrering if anyone knows how I stand with the warranty .
Ive looked up the xfxforce website but its not very clear and only mentions america bla bla
Has anyone had any dealings how could let me know
April 3, 2011 9:35:12 PM

I just had a quick read-through on the xfxforce site which states that; because xfx does not sell any of their products directly to the customer, the warranty remains the responsibility of your reseller.
You should therefore have a look at your reseller website for the warranty of your card. Having said that, because it's a second-hand card, you would have to contact the person who sold you the card in first hand (for reciept etc.).

I find this odd because I was under the impression that xfx offered some of the best warranties out there. The had "lifetime warranty" and sometimes even "double-lifetime warranty" (which meant that if the card was to be sold, the second-hand owner would also recieve lifetime warranty on his/her card).
a c 363 U Graphics card
April 3, 2011 9:49:07 PM

If you live in the US and you bought the card from within the US, then you are eligible for the "Double Lifetime Warranty". Thus, you can have your card serviced under warranty. Not exactly sure if the original owner has to notify XFX when selling his/her XFX video card though or if you are required to register as the 2nd owner.

You are not eligible for "Double Lifetime Warranty" if any of the following applies...

1. The card was not purchased in the US.
2. You do not live in the US.
3. The person who sold you the card was not the actual original owner. Meaning the card has already changed owners once and your are now the 3rd or later owner.

Related resources
April 3, 2011 9:56:39 PM

jaguarskx said:
If you live in the US and you bought the card from within the US, then you are eligible for the "Double Lifetime Warranty". Thus, you can have your card serviced under warranty. Not exactly sure if the original owner has to notify XFX when selling his/her XFX video card though or if you are required to register as the 2nd owner.

You are not eligible for "Double Lifetime Warranty" if any of the following applies...

1. The card was not purchased in the US.
2. You do not live in the US.
3. The person who sold you the card was not the actual original owner. Meaning the card has already changed owners once and your are now the 3rd or later owner.

That's what I originally thought but where can you find that info on the xfx site?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
April 3, 2011 10:05:48 PM

Thanks for the feed back. I had a look at the paperwork and there is a customer ref number which xfxforce site asks for, I dont think the original onwner registered it. If you go to the black edition link you can register there, But would this do me any good?As evga says in the uk we might only have the sales of goods act to rely on, I think i might just email xfx as see what they say but am not very hopefull
April 3, 2011 11:03:22 PM

You'd better hope he did register it (usually within 30 days of purchase), otherwise they usually won't add the extended warranty to the product.

I'd contact the seller as well if I where you. The card should obviously hold for more than just a few months especially if you haven't modified or tampered with it in any way.
!