Strategy game recommendations

Looking for a strategy game, similar to Advance wars (I and II), is there
anything else out there worth buying? Maybe something like Command and
Conquer on the PC? Anyone?

On 2004-11-09, Dan J.S. <me@hyperx.com> wrote:
> Looking for a strategy game, similar to Advance wars (I and II), is there
> anything else out there worth buying? Maybe something like Command and
> Conquer on the PC? Anyone?

Not like that, but if you liked those games, you should consider Fire
Emblem. Same engine. Same 1st party developer. Much better game.

Preston

Dan J.S. wrote:

> Looking for a strategy game, similar to Advance wars (I and II), is there
> anything else out there worth buying? Maybe something like Command and
> Conquer on the PC? Anyone?

I never played it but I think "Mech Platoon" is also a turn based
strategy game (see http://gamerankings.com/htmlpagesscreens/534918.asp).

B.

Benno... wrote:

> Dan J.S. wrote:
>
>> Looking for a strategy game, similar to Advance wars (I and II), is
>> there anything else out there worth buying? Maybe something like
>> Command and Conquer on the PC? Anyone?
>
> I never played it but I think "Mech Platoon" is also a turn based
> strategy game (see http://gamerankings.com/htmlpagesscreens/534918.asp).

Sorry, it's a RTS apparently.

B.

"Dan J.S." <me@hyperx.com> wrote in message
> Looking for a strategy game, similar to Advance wars (I and II), is there
> anything else out there worth buying? Maybe something like Command and
> Conquer on the PC? Anyone?

Thanks to all that responded... i will order fire emblem!!

B> Sorry, it's a RTS apparently.

I wondere - is there any good/decent RTS game on the GBA? I know the GBA
isn't quite suited to those kinds of games, but I really didn't like
Mech Platoon at all. In the multiplayer mode against the AI I've never
even won a single game, the AI is way too fast. And the music is so bad,
you have to play without sound.

About a game like Advance Wars - try out Fire Emblem. It's great!

David Mehrmann wrote:

> B> Sorry, it's a RTS apparently.
>
> I wondere - is there any good/decent RTS game on the GBA?

I have seen some screens of a nice looking RTS in development and as far
as I remember they where still without a publisher. I cannot remeber the
name of the game or developer, I'm sorry. It did look very nice however.
Maybe we will see it soon.

B.