Conquer on the PC? Anyone?
6 answers Last reply
More about strategy game recommendations

    On 2004-11-09, Dan J.S. <me@hyperx.com> wrote:
    > Looking for a strategy game, similar to Advance wars (I and II), is there
    > anything else out there worth buying? Maybe something like Command and
    > Conquer on the PC? Anyone?

    Not like that, but if you liked those games, you should consider Fire
    Emblem. Same engine. Same 1st party developer. Much better game.

    Preston

    Dan J.S. wrote:

    > Looking for a strategy game, similar to Advance wars (I and II), is there
    > anything else out there worth buying? Maybe something like Command and
    > Conquer on the PC? Anyone?

    I never played it but I think "Mech Platoon" is also a turn based
    strategy game (see http://gamerankings.com/htmlpagesscreens/534918.asp).

    B.

    Benno... wrote:

    > Dan J.S. wrote:
    >
    >> Looking for a strategy game, similar to Advance wars (I and II), is
    >> there anything else out there worth buying? Maybe something like
    >> Command and Conquer on the PC? Anyone?
    >
    > I never played it but I think "Mech Platoon" is also a turn based
    > strategy game (see http://gamerankings.com/htmlpagesscreens/534918.asp).

    Sorry, it's a RTS apparently.

    B.

    "Dan J.S." <me@hyperx.com> wrote in message
    > Looking for a strategy game, similar to Advance wars (I and II), is there
    > anything else out there worth buying? Maybe something like Command and
    > Conquer on the PC? Anyone?

    Thanks to all that responded... i will order fire emblem!!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    B> Sorry, it's a RTS apparently.

    I wondere - is there any good/decent RTS game on the GBA? I know the GBA
    isn't quite suited to those kinds of games, but I really didn't like
    Mech Platoon at all. In the multiplayer mode against the AI I've never
    even won a single game, the AI is way too fast. And the music is so bad,
    you have to play without sound.

    About a game like Advance Wars - try out Fire Emblem. It's great!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance (More info?)

    David Mehrmann wrote:

    > B> Sorry, it's a RTS apparently.
    >
    > I wondere - is there any good/decent RTS game on the GBA?

    I have seen some screens of a nice looking RTS in development and as far
    as I remember they where still without a publisher. I cannot remeber the
    name of the game or developer, I'm sorry. It did look very nice however.
    Maybe we will see it soon.

    B.

Console Gaming Games Command Prompt Nintendo Video Games