Solved

Best gaming Rig i can build on a budget?

So, this is my first time building a PC and i'm planning to attempt to build a good one perfect for gaming needs.
My budget right now is standing at $1200 but there's room for movement. So can you give me some good components and their price? the games i plan on playing is things like star wars the old republic, but id love my computer to handle as high graphics as possible? Possibly Crossfire the graphics cards? i dunno, you guys tell me ;D

Could you guys tell me

Prossesor:
MotherBoard:
Hard drive:
Optical Drive:
Video Card (crossfired?):
Sounds Card:
Power Supply:

(Also, good cases reccomendations?)
Thanks for any helps mates!
-Eve
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best gaming build budget
  1. Hi Eve,

You made a very good start with that post but we might need a little more info. Will you be needing a new monitor? Keyboard? Mouse? Operating system?

What is your location? $1200 CDN or AUS is different than USD ;)
  2. Proximon said:
    Hi Eve,

You made a very good start with that post but we might need a little more info. Will you be needing a new monitor? Keyboard? Mouse? Operating system?

What is your location? $1200 CDN or AUS is different than USD ;)

Hey mate!
    sorry, didnt quite know what to put up here :P first time
    I wont need a new monitor or anything like that, all i need is the tower.
    My currency is Canadian (which is pretty much USD)
  3. Best answer
    I will link to NCIX then.

Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid-Tower Case $155
    Look down on that page and choose the combo deal with the TX750 V2 power supply. Total ~260

Intel Core i5 2500K -240

ASUS P8P67 Pro REV3.0 ATX P67 -195

8GB G.skill DDR3 1600 -85

Caviar Black 1TB -88

XFX 6950 2GB -285

Asus DVD writer
    I have no idea why the forum doesn't like this link, you will have to cut and paste... or here:
    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=49597&vpn=DRW-24B1ST%20Bulk&manufacture=ASUS

That should cover it. The PSU is a bit overkill for the future upgrades just in case.
  4. That looks great, could we spare some money from the case ($155 seems much)
    for a better GPU or DDR?

i was thinking about the 5870 aswell, instead of 6950
  5. You can of course do that, but then 6950 should pretty much max out games at 1920x1200. And overall the 6950 is better than 5870 so i wouldn't do that switch. Possibly going for 6970 if you want to have more GPU power, but not really going for 5870.

The case is pretty damn nice though, hard to find a better one for cable management.
  6. Good suggestions from proximon except i would consider
    http://ncix.com/products/?sku=38996&vpn=RC-922M-KKN1-GP&manufacture=COOLERMASTER
    Great airflow
    http://ncix.com/products/?sku=57383&vpn=N570GTX-M2D12D5&manufacture=MSI%2FMicroStar
    will play everything on ultra
    can be oced near a gtx 580
    have a look at the MSI P67A-GD55 aswell
  7. Edit, this site isn't working.
  8. Edit, this site isn't working.
  9. Best answer selected by EveGray.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Systems