How to adjust 'stretch'?

markg2

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
(There wasn't subcategory that made sense so I just selected the above)

22" HF205 Hannspree LCD on an XP machine with Intel graphics (I'm currently not at the location so do not have the specific on the Intel driver but doubt that's a problem)

The active viewing screen size is a bit too big for the physical monitor. There's an adjustment that I used to call stretch that allows you to pull the viewing screen larger or smaller L-R and U-D.

The monitor does not have a physical button for this action but pushing the Menu button on the monitor brings up a small control screen. One of the optional changes along the left column is, what I believe to be, the stretch control logo.

My problem is accessing this monitor editor. The mouse does not function within the editor and that's something I understand. I remember using the cursor keys last time I worked with something similar but they too do not work.

Along the bottom of the monitor editor are symbols for controls. The symbol for up and down is an up carrot an down carrot (a cursor label without the tail). I'm thinking that maybe there's a key required to get you in the editor and then the cursor keys would work.

How in the heck do you 'get in' to this kind of thing to change values?

Mark

markg2

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2011
You get what you pay for--the documentation with the monitor was basic to the point of useless. I didn't have time to call or download the pdf documentation yesterday at the site and did so this morning. It appears that this type of monitor (not VEGA and not the HD kind but third flavor?), although the monitor will present an on-screen setup panel by pushing the menu button that setup is unusable--hence cursor keys of no value. You have to right click the screen to get the setup needed (why I didn't even try this yesterday god only knows). This per the helpful fellow from SE Asia ;-)

I'll be at the site early p.m. to confirm.

Mark