Sign in with
Your question

Replacing GPU fan

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 3, 2011 11:40:25 PM

My GPU has been making a strange noise for the past week on and off. Now it's consistently making the odd noise and will change if I adjust the fan speed. I'm now 90% sure it's the fan and now looking for a replacement fan. A whole new GPU would be an option if I wasn't a starving college student :na: 

My GPU is a 5770:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Gathering from the back sticker of my current GPU fan, it was 43 amps and 12v. (If that's any help)

More about : replacing gpu fan

a c 172 U Graphics card
April 4, 2011 1:34:02 AM

I suggest a new cooler if possible, I personally own Zalman coolers that being the VF900 and the VF1000. Either one will be enough for your card and make much less noise however they are not cheap. I am a student my self and I know how it feels to be broke.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 4, 2011 6:39:45 AM

i recently swapped my cooler out for the same reason. (i cant recomend any 1 buy powercolour gfx cards as there customer service , more than sux)...
any hoo... i have a 5970 and i replaced it with a dedicated cooler from arctic cooling and im glad i did. i have a near silent pc now, even at load.

so maybe you can check them out... see if they have something that works for you in your price bracket.
m
l
January 24, 2013 1:10:42 PM

HEXiT said:
i recently swapped my cooler out for the same reason. (i cant recomend any 1 buy powercolour gfx cards as there customer service , more than sux)...
any hoo... i have a 5970 and i replaced it with a dedicated cooler from arctic cooling and im glad i did. i have a near silent pc now, even at load.

so maybe you can check them out... see if they have something that works for you in your price bracket.

hey all, i have had very good luck replaceing gpu fans that always seem to die. i search for a fan that is lose to size and retrofit it to the heat sink fan set up. it does make the card bulky but the cards run better and cooler. it is a pain in the rear sometimes but it gives good results and at a more affordable cost. just my thoughts. thanks. poorguy
m
l
!