Getting my GPU to work on ECS A740GM-M V8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
I'm trying to get my spare GeForce 7900 GS to work in my ECS A740GM-M motherboard but it doesn't display a picture but the computer still boots up fine. Before, I was using a GeForce 7600 GS and it worked perfectly fine under Windows Vista but as soon as I swap the cards, bam no picture and it's not the PSU because I've used the PSU with this card and other more power hungry components. I've tried everything, clearing CMOS, checking connections, different monitors, turning allocate IRQ to PCI off and on, removing sound card, swapping RAM, default to PCI-E, I even plugged in my GeForce 7900 GS into another PC with an ASUS P5WD2-Premium mobo and it worked fine but not in my ECS A740GM-M.... So if anybody knows how to fix this problem please tell me! Any help appreciated!

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 250

RAM: DDR2-800

PSU: Ultra ls600 32amps on 12v rail

Motherboard: ECS A740GM-M V8.0

Sound card: sound blaster Audigy Platinum

HDD: seagate Barracuda

All you can do is check for a bios update for the ecs board; you have to be careful flashing the bios; read the directions carefully and decide if you want to risk it; first check the current bios file at the top of the post screen; if it's the newest file, then don't do it.

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010

I already have the latest bios.

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.