Sign in with
Your question

Z77 Pro 3-Fans/DVD Drive Stay On After Shut Down

Last response: in Motherboards
June 1, 2012 11:38:51 PM

Hi

I recently built up my first system in awhile and I am getting a couple of weird issues.

I am running

ASRock Z77 Pro 3
I5-2450p
MSI Radeon 6850
Antec HCG 520M PSU
Antec Three Hundred Two Case
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

When I select shut down in windows the system shuts down, however the case led stays on and the case fans keep blowing. The dvd drive will also open if I press the button. Furthermore when pressing the case power button the system will not turn on. Instead I need to hold it for ten seconds or flip the psu switch on the back to shut things down.

I have checked the power button properties in the start menu and it is set to shut down.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

N
a c 1043 V Motherboard
June 2, 2012 5:59:30 PM

Check your front panel connections for errors!
June 2, 2012 7:01:36 PM

Did it and still have the problem. The only way that I can actually shut everything down is by flipping the psu switch or by holding down the case power button for ten seconds.

I also tried to restart windows in safe mode. When I did this and shut down, I got held up with a freeze on the shutdown screen. I was able to replicate this a second time as well.
Related resources
June 2, 2012 7:04:05 PM

I will also add in that when I do a restart from Windows at one point the case leds and fans will shut off before restarting. Could this have to do with a bios setting or something?
a c 1043 V Motherboard
June 2, 2012 7:35:46 PM

I do not thing there is a BIOS setting but you might have a board with a problem.
!