6790 already at newegg

lol. always mistaken the card for 6970 if i don't look carefully. even as i type it i've always type it as '6970' (only correct my incorrect spelling when i re-read my comment). they really need to name this card as 6830 :na:

I totally agree, the 5770 is due a price drop, some partners are starting to discount them and i dont think it will be long before others follow. When that happens the 6790 should settle a bit lower than it is now.
Im in the UK and this is just my opinion but for what its worth.
Had this card dropped in a bit lower it would have made it a very difficult option to ignore, like the 460 was. As it is once again we see a card from AMD slotted in oh so neatly exactly halfway price and performance wise betwen the 5770 and 6850.
If you are on a budget you will settle for a 5770 and if you want performance you will go for a 6850.

Mactronix :)

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
Waiting for releases of more 6790 models to drop the prices of the 5770s. The 256-bit interface is tempting, but price and rebates will determine the better value.

Just been sent some great deals from Overclockers/UK 5 series cards, very tempting 5850 extreme £115. Looks like there could be some very good end of line discount deals for those that were waiting to upgrade on a budget.

Mactronix :)