Sign in with
Your question

Hp pavilion a305w update to windows 7

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 4, 2011 1:11:56 PM

I have an hp pavilion a305w. I would like to update to windows 7. I ran an update advisor and everything will work with windows 7 except the graphics adapter. Is there a way to update the graphics adapter to support windows 7?
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
April 4, 2011 6:59:42 PM

Windows 7 is going to run very poorly on that machine, I would stick with XP. You could get a low profile 8400 GS PCI card but I wouldn't waste any money on that old of a machine. Your machine has a max of 1gb of ram (if you have upgraded it) and Windows 7 is going to want to use most of that by itself even with nothing else running.
m
l
April 9, 2011 7:40:20 PM

benski said:
Windows 7 is going to run very poorly on that machine, I would stick with XP. You could get a low profile 8400 GS PCI card but I wouldn't waste any money on that old of a machine. Your machine has a max of 1gb of ram (if you have upgraded it) and Windows 7 is going to want to use most of that by itself even with nothing else running.

Thanks Benski! I was afraid of that! Can't really afford a new computer right now but thru the school I go to, I was able to get a windows 7 install cd. I did upgrade my ram a few months ago but like you said it's only 1 gig.
m
l
Related resources
!