Sign in with
Your question

Video upgrade on a Lenove Q700 HTPC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 4, 2011 3:26:27 PM

I purchased a Lenovo Ideapd Q700-3015-1CU (Vista 64-bit) which comes with the following TV Tuner card:

AverMedia Hybrid ATSC PCIe miniCard A317 Hybrid tuner, support analog (NTSC) and digital ( ATSC) signal.

am currently using it in my theater room, but would like to upgrade the onboard video to a video card, I plan on removing the tv tuner card (not needed) and replacing it with a PCIe miniCard video card.

1st of all is there a decent card, w/at least 1 gig of ram and HDMI out? this is my preffered choice

also could not find anything on increasing the availible video ram to the built in video

2nd. if there is not is there some lind of case and extension ribbon cable to use a standard size card ?

Any help, suggestions, advice, part numbers or brand names would be greatly appreciated...............

Thanks,
a b U Graphics card
April 5, 2011 12:35:51 AM

I've never heard of anyone being able to upgrade their GPU or the amount of VRAM (barring shared VRAM from IGP's) on laptops.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to buy a new laptop.
April 5, 2011 11:57:59 AM

Its not a Laptop, Lenove Q700 home theater PC ultra small form factor, I am sure somebody out there makes a card that woulf fit,
or on the other hand there has to be a way to increase the amount of ram allocated to the video card, s(hared memory)
!