PC booting into UEFI every time

Hello,

I'd been having issues with my PC bluescreening, so I upgraded my SSD's firmware, switched it over to AHCI mode, and reinstalled Windows. Now, whenever I boot my PC automatically goes into the UEFI interface. I went through all the options and I have no idea what would suddenly cause it to do this every boot/reboot. I have an ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!!
13 answers Last reply
More about booting uefi time
  1. Make AHCI to IDE
  2. Did u set the boot device?
  3. THE UNKNOWN said:
    Make AHCI to IDE

FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. daship said:
    FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ?
  5. Because if u just change it in the BIOS and the Windows is installed in the AHCI mode,

it will not start at all without registry change.
  6. Oh thanks
  7. But im having windows dual with linux windows in ide and linux in ahci when i put ahci in bios it login linux but not in windows but in case when it's ide it login in them both ?
  8. I don't know about your set up, but with windows that's how it is.
  9. Phaleproof said:
    Hello,

I'd been having issues with my PC bluescreening, so I upgraded my SSD's firmware, switched it over to AHCI mode, and reinstalled Windows. Now, whenever I boot my PC automatically goes into the UEFI interface. I went through all the options and I have no idea what would suddenly cause it to do this every boot/reboot. I have an ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!!!

What's the SSD?
  10. SSDs should always be in ACHI mode or they will under perform. IDE mode is old and slow. ACHI is supreme.
  11. daship said:
    SSDs should always be in ACHI mode or they will under perform. IDE mode is old and slow. ACHI is supreme.

AHCI is in some cases slower : )

But, yes, it should be AHCI, if the mobo is capable.
  12. nikorr said:
    AHCI is in some cases slower : )

But, yes, it should be AHCI, if the mobo is capable.

Not if everything is set up properly.
  13. My drive is a corsair force GT 120 GB, and yes the SSD is set to primary boot with my blu ray drive 2nd.
Ask a new question

Read More

ASRock Firmware Boot Motherboards