Sign in with
Your question

What would best the best RAM for z77.

Last response: in Memory
June 2, 2012 3:00:28 PM

i ma currently building a gaming rig and all i need now is the Motherboard (waiting for the Maximus V Formula to be released) and RAM, i know that i want 8gb for now but im not sure what to get i was thinking about getting the corsair vengeance 1600 2x4GB kit.

the questions that i need answering are -

if i get a 2x4gb kit can i add another 2x4gb kit in the future so i have 16gb or will i need to but a certain kit for that?

also what RAM do you recommend for a z77 chip set? does i make a difference weather it is sandy bridge, ivy bridge etc. ?

Cheers Tom.

**also if you have any recommendations please comment, i would however like the rame to be either red or black to keep with the colour scheme of my build.**

More about : ram z77

a c 328 V Motherboard
a c 146 } Memory
June 2, 2012 4:08:50 PM

I recommend CORSAIR Vengeance 99% of the time, quality RAM and low profile with XMP profile.
And if u will get an aftermarket CPU cooler, low profile is the worry free remedy with perfect fit with any large cooler.
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Vengeance Low Profile heat spreaders have a reduced height of 1.03" (26.25mm). They're designed for high-performance systems with extra-large CPU coolers, small form factor system builds, or any other space-constrained application where standard Vengeance memory might not fit.

m
l
Related resources
June 2, 2012 4:24:26 PM

i don't need to worry about the low profile ones as i am using a corsair h80, i have seen some that are designed for ivy bridge, would they be better performers than the corsair vengance?

also i am on a budget so would i be able to buy 2x4gb now and then add another 2x4gb?
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a c 146 } Memory
June 2, 2012 4:28:18 PM

I see, yes, but make sure it is exactly same RAM!

Very important for piece of mind later : )
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
June 2, 2012 4:37:10 PM

Yes you can put 1x4gb or 2x4gb or 3x4gb or 4x4gb [ If mobo has 4slot's ]
Performance of ram is depend on speed, timings, volt and Brand it isn't necessory that ram made for ivy is good than any other if it's give same features.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
June 2, 2012 4:41:24 PM

Take same model and brand if you gonna buy 2x4gb later
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
a c 347 } Memory
June 2, 2012 4:56:17 PM

IF it were me, RAM is dirt cheap, get a 4x4GB kit of DDR3-1600 CAS 9 and be done with it. Some 64-bit games run better with 16GB vs 8GB, example BF3 + System can consume 8GB (3.5GB Game + 3GB Shared (for GPU) + 1GB+ OS = 7.5GB+); see - http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ram-memory-upgrade,...

Now that's just now, as Games get even more bloated more RAM will be required to optimally run them not to mention mixing sets or EOL sets are a problem. I don't see requirements going down -- just up.

Recommended sets - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submi...

The Mushkin is the best deal (today), and is low profile...
m
l
!