Sign in with
Your question

Virtualization technology support?

Last response: in CPUs
September 13, 2011 12:33:18 AM

Hello,for my gateway dx-4820 , I need to replace Intel q8200 processor , with a processor that have virtualiztion technology support , whch processor would do this?

September 13, 2011 12:37:18 AM

Look for any CPU that matches your socket and that has Intel Vt-X. You also want to make sure your motherboard can handle the processor, sometimes processors newer than the motherboard can't use certain features.
m
l
September 13, 2011 3:31:41 AM

PudgyChicken said:
Look for any CPU that matches your socket and that has Intel Vt-X. You also want to make sure your motherboard can handle the processor, sometimes processors newer than the motherboard can't use certain features.

Thank you very much , I will look for it
m
l
Related resources
a c 147 à CPUs
September 14, 2011 12:11:36 AM

The motherboard would also need to support virtulization; do you have a greyed out setting to enable it in the bios?
m
l
September 14, 2011 6:57:23 PM

popatim said:
The motherboard would also need to support virtulization; do you have a greyed out setting to enable it in the bios?

Actually when I go to BIOS I don't see a virtualization setting at all , Do I need to change motherboard/upgrade BIOS as well? or otherwise if processor with same socket type installed would my BIOS recognise it? my BIOS is P01-A3L and Motherboard DX-4820 , processor currently in use and need to be replaced is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 , pls reply
Thanks
m
l
!