Closed

I Can't Watch Movies While Playing Fullscreen Games

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Movies
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 5, 2011 3:59:31 AM

So I used to be able to play a video or steam something from the internet while playing a fullscreen game like warcraft 3 or some first person shooter. My problem is that now when I play a movie then try to launch a game the video player goes black when either in fullscreen or just windowed, this also applies to iTunes. I have the latest drivers for my GTX 460 and I have tried using windows media player and vlc media player. All answers appreciated.

More about : watch movies playing fullscreen games

April 5, 2011 9:49:53 AM

what is your system...Win 7 ????...try as..... alt+enter to full screen..Or try to run old games in compatibility mode...(right clik on mouse)... maybe can be the drivers in the old games..You very lucky to play still warcraft 3 :) ...Also try to play a new games (directx 11) to your new grafic card :) ..... play the old pc games to have the old grafic card and the old pc system.Another try to the emulators to full screen mode}
Score
April 5, 2011 2:32:13 PM

What has changed since you used to be able to. Like have you had any changes in drivers, software, hardware, your OS? Try to figure out what your setup was when you could do that, and what has updated or you've changed if anything, to make it not work.

It must be nice to watch a movie/video and play a game at the same time. I bet it's kinda one of those things like, because I can. haha
Score
Related resources
April 5, 2011 6:19:03 PM

the only thing that i changed since i built my computer 4 years ago was i added more ram to get 4gb to use win 7 64bit and a new video card upgrading from a 8800 gts to a gtx 460. ive updated my video drivers to the latest and everything else is most likely auto update.
Score
April 5, 2011 6:21:13 PM

Who is your model monitor my friend?
Score
April 5, 2011 6:25:01 PM

johnk10 said:
Who is your model monitor my friend?

viewsonic q20wb
Score
April 5, 2011 6:27:14 PM

what your cable have ???.....dvi to dvi, etc.....?
Score
April 5, 2011 6:33:46 PM

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/archive/q20wb.htm

your screen resolution is 1680x1050....and the games usually using this resolution… it tryed in who low analyses that the games are support….and you look always at him from options the game....suppose in other resolution you play full screen? Finally change monitor and no nothing other......all ok
Score
April 5, 2011 7:04:58 PM

johnk10 said:
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/archive/q20wb.htm

your screen resolution is 1680x1050....and the games usually using this resolution… it tryed in who low analyses that the games are support….and you look always at him from options the game....suppose in other resolution you play full screen? Finally change monitor and no nothing other......all ok

i have no idea what this jibberish is trying to say but i have just a dvi to vga adapter so i got an analog signal. i USED to be able to play full screens games at 1680x1050 while watching fullscreen movies i had on my computer using vlc media player and now it just goes black or freeze frame when i switch to the game. Also for iTunes everything but the now playing track display goes black.
Score
April 5, 2011 7:13:13 PM

to watch video try to donload another video player kantaris ......http://kantaris.org/downloads/ player ......and go to the properties and tryed to manual resolution to your monitor support 1680x1050
Score
!