Sign in with
Your question

Monitor and/or GPU problems,help needed.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 5, 2011 8:16:53 AM

Hey all,

I am experiencing a problem but I am not sure what causes it.

Everything was going fine until my monitor (Samsung 226BW S panel)started acting strange,it was getting flickering lines and boxes all over the monitor.After a quick search I found out about the bad capacitors on this monitor,so I opened it,changed one of them who seemed bad but the problem was still there.

I have also tried a different DVI cable,and I plugged in an old CRT with a VGA to DVI adapter and a LCD TV with a VGA to DVI adapter as well as a HDMI to DVI cable.These were working fine,in the same time my monitor was still acting strange.

Can someone tell me what can be causing this problem?It's driving me crazy not knowing where the problem is.

Here's my specs (no hardware/software changes for quite some time)

Q6600 OC'ed to 3.2 watercooled
8800GTX stock
4GB RAM
Abit IP-35 PRO

Thanks.
April 5, 2011 9:30:28 AM

first look the properties graphic card an check (vertical) v-sync is on...second look the refresh rate to check auto and look the rerfresh rate to your monitor suport hz.
April 5, 2011 10:11:37 AM

johnk10 said:
first look the properties graphic card an check (vertical) v-sync is on...second look the refresh rate to check auto and look the rerfresh rate to your monitor suport hz.

Everything is normal.
Related resources
April 5, 2011 11:08:16 AM

Is it safe to assume that the GPU is fine since I have already plugged in a CRT and a LCD TV with no problems?
April 5, 2011 12:51:25 PM

All connections are fine and I have already tried a different DVI cable.
April 5, 2011 5:16:23 PM

what is happens my friend ??????......all ok finally?
April 5, 2011 5:17:21 PM

Nope,tried everything,nothing works :( 
April 5, 2011 5:28:49 PM

.....check to the end another anyone old graphic card...in order to we see the problem monitor or graphic card.....and tell me,...curious i I have same monitor samsung almost 3 years and it has not presented to me nothing
(syncmaster T260)...it looked at you have near , speakers, subwofer, mobile phone etc. and influence the pc

finally search the guarantee maybe its monitor problem and back to the shop :( 
April 6, 2011 9:35:52 AM

Any other suggestions?
April 6, 2011 10:43:37 AM

tryied eyrything my friend.......rather it has problem monitor… it behind went in the shop that you bought him to you him they change
!