Sign in with
Your question

Building New rig (more for cpu power than gaming)

Last response: in Systems
June 18, 2011 10:17:35 AM

Hi..
I am in need to build solid machine more for work than gaming.

i7 processor (but i am not sure what would be the best choice price/performance) give some recommendations pls
motherboard - some nice motherboard that will support SLI, Sata 3, triple channel etc, ofc that will be compatible with the motherboard... (around 200-250 eu price range)
ram- i think 8 gigs will be enough i will probably choose 1600 or 1800+ mhz dominator or kingstone or jig.
graphic card - some 470 series (or something else now?) but please recommend me some nice one cause i know that graphics cards can be a bit problematic like the Pallits 460 series (problems with the cooler)
PSU - i am not sure if 750W will be enough? Anyways i would go for dominaotr or coolermaster.

Thanks for all the support guys
edit: and please give me more alternatives to the main parts recommended (if you can) cause i am not sure if i can find everything i do not live in the USA. thanks again
June 18, 2011 1:12:20 PM

Masky, it would be appropriate if you i) let us know what is your total budget; and ii) what sort of 'work' you plan to do on it?
June 18, 2011 6:02:16 PM

Archean said:
Masky, it would be appropriate if you i) let us know what is your total budget; and ii) what sort of 'work' you plan to do on it?

It's not needed... i know what i need for this rig .. but the things i don't know is what parts exactly cause i don't follow it every day.. i see now new i7 processors whitch i am not sure of.. so just recommend please ;) .

Price range around 1000 eu but i believe that the price will be different so that's relevant as well.
But thanks
June 19, 2011 1:25:02 PM

/bump
edit: i need it more for office work and from time to time a demanding rendering power ;) 
!