Need help updating bios

strife_ff7

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Tried updating using uefi update utility internet flash. It would say initializing internet connection after that download and update firmware version 1.30? I'd click yes then it would say internet connection error. Is something blocking the download because it seems like its getting a connection to the internet just can't download. My mobo is a asrock z77 pro3. This is my first time ever updating bios so I'd appreciate any help.

strife_ff7

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010

I am having ploblems my computer keeps freezing. Most of the time it just freezes but a few times a screen popped up with hardware malfuntion system has halted or nmi: parity check/ memory parity error and once it just said parity error. I don't know much about computers I did try a few things. I ran prime95 for 5 hours no errors and I tested my ram with the windows memory test it said it was fine. It was freezing a lot during games so I just got a new card (needed to get a new one anyway) but that didn't work. My HDD makes noise at weird times I'll just be going from one web page to the next and it will start making noises. Maybe its just that model http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136697 I found out that this type of hdd is made for a raid 0 setup or something could that be a problem?

mubin

Distinguished
Reset bios by removing mobo battery and insert it again. Bios update will not solve freezing problem. Its may be a hardware/software issue as you experience freeze when gaming.

Its maybe your gpu/gpu driver. First update to a latest gpu driver. If problem exist then check your gpu in another system. This will clear gpu problem if there is any.