Gainward GTX 460 768MB stripes

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Hi, i got a problem. Everytime when I am watching a video, or playing any games I have stripes at the top of my screen (5-6 cm from upper edge). I used two 2 monitors (Samsung Syncmaster 931BW and now BenQ E2220HD), to be sure, that it isn´t problem of monitor. The stripes apper on both monitors. I don´t want to RMA, ´cause I haven´t any other GPUs, that can I use. Other specs of my computer:
MB: Asus P7H55
CPU: Intel Core i3 540 (not OC)
RAM: 2x2GB PATRIOT 1333 CL9 NON-ECC
GPU: GAINWARD GeForce GTX 460 CUDA 768MB
HDD: HDD WD 640GB Serial ATA II 7200ot. 32MB
PSU: Fortron FSPAX550-60APN 550W PFC
SC: VIA VT1708S
CASE: Eurocase ML5485 yellow
LCD: Benq E2220HD
FAN: back-92 mm, front-120mm

This is what appears, I must take a photo of it, ´cause when I save pics with PrintScreen, fraps or any other program it isnt´t so good to see.
i12irduvdkqkf4hsx7je.jpg

oz35xl218cvrdpymc2.jpg

6bppmqrfipjpimajwo.jpg

p5cdev2mk3igqm8mim6f.jpg

ugywftzyrtn3szhnf8dd.jpg

r0i9r5lihi7bacf6eo.jpg

Thank you very much for help ;)

Take a screen shot in game and on normal desktop via fraps and or print screen then have someone else look at it for the same flaw. If it is not there then it is likely the signal path from the gpu to the connector ware the monitor cable connects to.

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Ok, i can try take a screen in desktop and in game, when i come home. And when system boots i can´t see it, because at the top of screen is just black place, so i can comparise it.

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
With vsync it is the same.
I tried to take a screenshot, when the stripes most appears. But in the screen I can´t see any stripes, I can only take a photo of it, that you can see.

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Today I just got nvidia 8500GT. I installed it to PC, everything proceeded ok, but the stripes were still appearing. After it, I have reinstalled windows and installed back GTX 460, but the stripes are still appearing. Now I absolutely don´t know what to do.

Well you just ruled out what I have been saying so it has to be the monitor then again you said that you tested the same monitor on another machine and didn't have the problem. :s There has to be something that we have missed. Are you by chance using an adapter between the card and the monitor cable?

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Adapter? I just got DVI, VGA and HDMI possibilities, I tried every cable, but it appears when i use any cable.

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
No, no adapaters, actually I tried use another cables, and drag out one RAM (i have 2x2GB), but nothing helped, I ask this question on another forum and one said, this might be issue with PCIe slot, that 1 pin can be damaged.

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Yeah, I know, but now I don´t know what to do, yesterday i flashed bios on the motherboard to the latest, but it hasn´t helped.

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I have had only GTX 460 and 8500GT, I haven´t tried them on another computer. but what is special? when i flashed bios, the stripes were still appearing, but yesterday and today I haven´t them, i don´t know whether it´s repaired, ´cause before 1 week, I hadn´t stripes too, but only 1 day, so now I hope it won´t appear again

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Please help me. The stripes appeared again, so i flashed bios to 0802 (older, comes with board) and stripes still appeared, so i have flashed bios to 0302 (first bios for this mobo) and now when i turn on computer, nothing appears on screen, the monitor says that plug the cable, I tried other monitor, but still the same. I tried to drag out cmos battery and get it back, i tried reset the bios by jumper, but nothing helped. I think i need new bios chip, but i dont know where can i buy it. Pleaseee, help me.

Flashing the bios is one thing people should only do as a last resort, you likely bricked the board on the last flash or it doesn't support your current cpu with that bios revision. You are out of luck on this one and is time to rma.

gulftown

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Ok yesterday I got new board - gigabyte h55m-ud2h, and unbelievably the stripes still appears. Now the stripes can be caused by anything - cpu, psu, hdd