Last response: in Motherboards
June 3, 2012 2:12:47 PM

Intel i7 3770K
4GB 1600mhz corsair vengence
850w gold OCZ PSU
Corsair H40 liquid CPU cooler
120GB SSD OCZ
Nvidia GTS 250

HELP! I desperately need to get my new rig up and running. Built it yesterday but as of yet no sucess at getting it online. I've checked all the sockets, everythings getting power. Checked it's not flush with the case (using standoffs).

At first it just wouldn't start at all (saying RAM led) so I removed all but 1 stick of ram and this allowed it to progress. Then it beeps on the VGA one which I assume means VGA detected according to the manual. Next it went to CPU and then restarted. I assume this is because it was shorting so I moved the mother board out a little, making it less tight and this solved the problem. My current problem is no matter what I try I can't get it to display. I have tried removing the GPU and using the onboard gpu but to no sucess :l I can't understand why it's not booting?

-EDIT- I just checked the Q-code and it's coming up as A2 which in the manual says it's an IDE Detect. But it's still not displaying at all? I need help :l
June 3, 2012 9:53:51 PM

jim100200 said:
Intel i7 3770K
4GB 1600mhz corsair vengence
850w gold OCZ PSU
Corsair H40 liquid CPU cooler
120GB SSD OCZ
Nvidia GTS 250

HELP! I desperately need to get my new rig up and running. Built it yesterday but as of yet no sucess at getting it online. I've checked all the sockets, everythings getting power. Checked it's not flush with the case (using standoffs).

At first it just wouldn't start at all (saying RAM led) so I removed all but 1 stick of ram and this allowed it to progress. Then it beeps on the VGA one which I assume means VGA detected according to the manual. Next it went to CPU and then restarted. I assume this is because it was shorting so I moved the mother board out a little, making it less tight and this solved the problem. My current problem is no matter what I try I can't get it to display. I have tried removing the GPU and using the onboard gpu but to no sucess :l I can't understand why it's not booting?

-EDIT- I just checked the Q-code and it's coming up as A2 which in the manual says it's an IDE Detect. But it's still not displaying at all? I need help :l

My P8Z77 ASUS MB was showing the same error. Tried different 6 different DIMMs (1600 & 1333) with no luck. I did have two OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSDs plugged into the Matrix 6Gb connectors and a 1TB plugged into the 3Gb; no Video card, using built-in video. I kept getting the same RED LED light showing a mem problem. I unplugged all the drives and cleared the CMOS, then booted. This time it came up & gave an F1 error. I went into BIOS & found the MEM settings incorrect. Manually set them for my MEM (1600 clock, 9-9-9-27) saved & rebooted. Worked so I plugged the drives in & they show up. Unfortunately, I can't get the Matrix BIOS config to start using the CNTRL + I keys at boot. Want to use RAID1 for the SSDs but can't config at boot time. Won't be buying any more ASUS MDs in the future.

Dave
a c 117 Ĉ ASUS
a c 466 V Motherboard
June 3, 2012 10:04:10 PM

dave and to the op there are new bios for memory and cpu code out there. to the op use a fat 32 formated usb stick and use the usb flash back button on the back to put the 906 bios and then the 1015 bios onto the mb you dont need to power the mb up (have it post just have power to the mb (green led on).
to dave the asus bios will boot from an ssd. dont ask me why but the bios does not pull up ssd and hard drive together in the gui boot. you should send in a email to asus tech dept. you have to go under boot in the bios and under hard drive the ssd is there if you click on it. the hhd will be given a number and soo will the ssd. just remvoe the hard drive or change the boot order there. then reboot. and go back into the bios. if dont right the ssd will be the first boot device in the gui bios. I also on my sabertooth if i turn off the old bios boot the ssd will not be found. i left the bios at default. boot with both bios on.
a c 117 Ĉ ASUS
a c 466 V Motherboard
June 3, 2012 10:12:40 PM

you also have to go into sata ports and change it from achi mode to raid to get the raid bios to turn on.
June 5, 2012 10:38:41 AM

Thank you very much for your help smorizio, this is only my second build so I'm not keyed into every procedure yet but you were the first to suggest this to me :) 
October 11, 2012 8:57:55 PM

Hi jim100200,

Did you fix it? I'm having a pretty similar issue with same mobo/cpu... I would be very interested in how did it end for you :) 

Thanks!
April 28, 2013 6:22:33 PM

NO DISPLAY here too... Come'on post the solution for us :(  ! MOBO: Asus P8Z77 -v pro
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 100 V Motherboard
April 29, 2013 1:47:58 AM

If there is no display, the issue is either an unstable system, incorrectly connected or an incompatibility with the display device being used. UEFI outputs at 1280X1024. If you are using an older monitor or TV, then it may not be handshaking correctly with the board. As most of you haven't provided much information about what you've connected the board to or how, it's difficult to say any more.

-Raja
!