AVC liquid cooling

beenthere

Distinguished
Most low cost water-cooling systems like Corsair and the AVC - which looks very similar, are not great cooling solutions. High end H2O cooling costing hundreds of dollars is really the only cooling better than high end air cooled HSFs.

About all that you can do is make sure that you heatsink is properly mounted with minimal TIM and that the water is circulating thru the radiator. Ambient temp affects H20 systems just like air cooled HSFs so high room temps hurt performance.

http://www.frostytech.com/

navyorion

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
via core temp my cores run at idle temps of 33-40 c.... if I run a stress test they run at 70-80 , thats with turbo setting in bios turned on. core i7 950.... i think the turbo puts the stock speed of 3.07 to 3.2 mhz

navyorion

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
I installed an extra 120mm fan on the top of the case; temps stay below 40c at all times idle case temps are 28 ish c..have a spot cooling fan to help draw heat off my primary gpu pointing toward my top fan. When I do the stress test the heat goes from 40-70 in a matter of seconds... and slowly goes up to close 80. I've read that I should be able to easily over clock my i7 950 to 4 ghz no problem, but obviously I can't with temps like these.