More of a "keeper" WarioWare or Mario Golf?

I've recently downsized my collection (kind of dovetails with that thread
about having to many games). Since I'm mostly an RPG gamer and GBA-only, I
don't play a whole lot. So hoarding games I never play is dumb. So I
unloaded a bunch recently and bought another SP which I'm going to give to
some kid (wife and I don't have kids) for Christmas on one of those
wishing trees.

Anyway, point is, I'm looking at my pretty spartan collection now and
wondering if there is anything left I want to add that actually has some
hope of getting replayed again. Games I sold that I just couldn't see
myself taking the time to replay again.

Metroid Zero Mission
Legend of Zelda: ALTTP
Golden Sun 1 & 2

I have like 12 games now. Two games I've thought about getting (I've had
them before, but sold them to buy something else) to grab as keepers are
Mario Golf and WarioWare. I'm leaning towards WarioWare. Mostly because
that's a game you can play for a couple hours, beat. Set down for months
and then want to play again. Mario Golf I remember enjoying, but I also
seem to remember it getting a little monotonous. So I'm not sure.

Opinions?

Preston
4 answers Last reply
More about more keeper warioware mario golf

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 Preston Crawford <me@prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
    > I have like 12 games now. Two games I've thought about getting (I've had
    > them before, but sold them to buy something else) to grab as keepers are
    > Mario Golf and WarioWare. I'm leaning towards WarioWare. Mostly because
    > that's a game you can play for a couple hours, beat. Set down for months
    > and then want to play again. Mario Golf I remember enjoying, but I also
    > seem to remember it getting a little monotonous. So I'm not sure.
    >
    > Opinions?

    of the two, I'd get/keep Warioware.. it was easy enough to finish, but
    was great for those 10 minute blasts from time to time. Also had a few
    minigames.

    I can see myself picking up Warioware again in a few months (although by
    then I probably have the DS version!)
    --

    "I hear ma train a comin'
    .... hear freedom comin"

    On 2004-11-13, Stimp <ren@spumco.com> wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 Preston Crawford <me@prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
    >> I have like 12 games now. Two games I've thought about getting (I've had
    >> them before, but sold them to buy something else) to grab as keepers are
    >> Mario Golf and WarioWare. I'm leaning towards WarioWare. Mostly because
    >> that's a game you can play for a couple hours, beat. Set down for months
    >> and then want to play again. Mario Golf I remember enjoying, but I also
    >> seem to remember it getting a little monotonous. So I'm not sure.
    >>
    >> Opinions?
    >
    > of the two, I'd get/keep Warioware.. it was easy enough to finish, but
    > was great for those 10 minute blasts from time to time. Also had a few
    > minigames.
    >
    > I can see myself picking up Warioware again in a few months (although by
    > then I probably have the DS version!)

    Thanks.

    How big is your total collection? I finally decided that between work (I'm
    a computer programmer) and other hobbies like Cycling, reading books and
    spending time with my wife going to movies, etc. I just had too many
    games. And it was getting to be like work to play them. So I had to get
    rid of those games I just knew I'd never play again. So I whittled my
    collection down to 12 games. The 12 I have are a great 12. But long ones
    (mostly Strategy RPGs and Pokemon). So there are more than enough hours in
    those games. But WarioWare is so short, that it's tempting.

    Preston

    Preston Crawford <me@prestoncrawford.com> wrote in message > How big is your total collection? I finally decided that between work (I'm
    > a computer programmer) and other hobbies like Cycling, reading books and
    > spending time with my wife going to movies, etc. I just had too many
    > games. And it was getting to be like work to play them. So I had to get
    > rid of those games I just knew I'd never play again. So I whittled my
    > collection down to 12 games. The 12 I have are a great 12. But long ones
    > (mostly Strategy RPGs and Pokemon). So there are more than enough hours in
    > those games. But WarioWare is so short, that it's tempting.

    I'd keep Warioware definitely. I have many that I don't play also.
    I just don't have the time, and when I have the time, I can only play
    one or two anyways, but for me this extends beyong the GBA, I still
    have XBOX, PS2 and Gamecube, along with the GBA, and also occasionally
    buy older PS1 games and Sega Saturn games that I missed out on. And
    for some games, I know for a fact that I'll never play them again, not
    because they weren't great (like Tactics Ogre for the PS1), but I just
    know I won't do it because I want to play things I haven't played
    before. Also, I still have many games that are still sealed in their
    original packaging that I haven't gotten to yet: Crimson Skies,
    Xenosaga, Dark Cloud 2, Otogi, Jet Set Radio Future (an XBOX release
    title!), Virtua Fighter 3, Disgaea, Pucelle Tactics, Phantom Brave and
    the list goes on. I may have played these on rentals or demos and
    liked them so I bought them, but I haven't had a chance to open them
    up and play them. Considering most of them I bought at $40-50 each,
    and now you can some for $20, I think I screwed myself. Luckily I
    make good money, unfortunately, I waste most of it :) I think I just
    horde games. I know when I was a kid I couldn't get all the games I
    wanted, so now I'm making up for it, but I don't have as much time as
    I had back them. A double edged sword I guess.

    On 2004-11-13, Jason Costa <jcwatchdog@msn.com> wrote:
    > and now you can some for $20, I think I screwed myself. Luckily I
    > make good money, unfortunately, I waste most of it :) I think I just
    > horde games. I know when I was a kid I couldn't get all the games I
    > wanted, so now I'm making up for it, but I don't have as much time as
    > I had back them. A double edged sword I guess.

    I have the same compulsion. I was really poor as a kid. That's part of why
    I buy as many as I buy.

    Preston

Console Gaming Gameboy Games Nintendo Video Games