Maybe you guys are more helpful that ASrock Tech support! :)

TommoUK

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Hey guys, This is the e-mail to corsair I have just sent, after Asrock provided no help at all, if any of you have had previous problems / any ideas then I would greatly appreciate it.

'Hey guys I have been having alot of trouble with my recent build, I have purchased a Asrock 970 extreme4 mobo, with a 955 AMD phenom II @ 3.2ghz

The RAM I purchased from you (Via newegg) was a 16gb corsair vengeance cmz16gx3m4a1600c9B, I have managed to get a semi-sucessful boot to begin with, however on most RAM slots I was still getting errors on Asrock Dr debug screen, I am currently unable to get a boot even to BIOS

Ram stick 1, white slot A2 - Error 80, then 81 , then 82, then 83, then finally 50
Ram stick 2, white slot A2 - 60, d3, d6, d7
ram stick 3, write slot A2 - Same errors, ending on D7
ram stick 4 - Same errors ending on D7

Those are the errors I have recieved, I contacted Asrock they provided little help, I cannot try different CPU as I only have once AMD cpu, and I cannot try other RAM sticks as yours are the only one I have, I can confirm the PSU works fine (As I am currently back to my old build and it is running well, also the hard drive is running fine from the old build, as well as the graphics card)

This leaves me with the fact that only the new CPU, mobo or RAM is faulty / non compatible'

Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
~Tom

Try just one stick of ram in dimm slot 1; if you can get into the bios, check the ram voltage against your corsair specs; manually adjust the voltage first before trying to set the timings. Normally the board will select the ram timings using a variety of factors. There may be just one setting that will permit you to use 16 gb of ram, but I haven't looked at an asrock bios in awhile.

tomskent

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010

do as he says. If slot 1 doest work with just that stick, move to slot 2, 3, 4.
try the other sticks in those slots in that order too.

TommoUK

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
As I explained I have already tried every stick on every bay, no luck =/

Still waiting on corsair responce!

And yes there is many RAM that isn't on the QVL, doesn't mean it won't work, the RAM specs match the requirements, maybe I was unlucky.

I live in england and brought my parts while out in america so will have to see how to go about sending it back, waiting on tech support responce.

And I am unable to get an image, just Dr Debug error codes.