HDMI power saving mode

sequence

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I have starcraft 2 since about 7-8 months, but since a week or so, my monitor goes into power saving mode after 15-20 minutes of gaming. It did that only when I was playing starcraft 2.

I run windows7,
9BG RAM,
Good graphics card(it supports starcraft 2 very easily),
i7 processor,
LG monitor.

I tried to set the turn off display option to NEVER but it still went to power saving mode. I really have no idea what happened because I had no problem before.

Please ask for other info, and I will do my best to give it.

Also, someone please help me!!!! :(

If you can switch to a DVI cable, all your problems will be solved with no loss in image quality. HDMI causes your monitor to behave like a TV, while DVI causes it to behave like a PC monitor. Therefore, with a DVI connection, it will turn off or go into sleep mode only when you turn off the PC.

Uh oh, time to look through the display settings for your video card. I would make sure all the cables are hooked up securely as well. Another option is to try to find the drivers for your display and make sure those are updated.

sequence

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Hmm, interesting fact, when I placed our other monitor from the other computer to my computer, it suddenly worked well and I had no problem, and I put my monitor again with the cable of the monitor that worked and it gave me same error. So it is not a game problem, it is a monitor problem. What do you guys think the monitor problem may be?