Update BIOS from 0705 to 1208... how do I do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eturnal

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Hey all. My new video card is giving me troubles and I want to update my BIOS just to ensure it's not the reason for my issues. As the subject states, I have 0705 right now and I want to upgrade to 1208. I downloaded M5A99X-EVO-ASUS-1208.ROM but the questions I have are...

1) Can I go straight from 0705 to 1208 or do I have to go to some intermediary driver before jumping all the way up?
2) Do I just point to it using Asus EZ Flash utility in the UEFI BIOS Utility and let it take over?

Many thanks in advance.

Solution
1. you can flash straight up
2.put the bios file on a usb formatted FAT, it'll be easier to find, and i dont beleve ez flash can see NTFS format

eturnal

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Thanks for the confirmation, nna2. I didn't have a USB around so I put the .ROM on a DVD and copied it to my computer, then just set the .ROM at the root drive. From there I was able to load it to the EZ Flash utility and it updated without an issue. When the system retarted after the Flash, I was greeted with the old, ugly looking AMI screen that said something about entering setup. That put me back in the UEFI BIOS. I just saved changes and exit, forcing a second reboot. That time the computer booted to windows.

:]

Status
Not open for further replies.