Ivybridge or Bulldozer?

Last response: in CPUs
a c 185 à CPUs
September 13, 2011 10:33:02 PM

Which one are you going to get?

More about : ivybridge bulldozer

a b à CPUs
September 13, 2011 10:36:53 PM

Neither is out, nor are any benchmarks for either out....

It would be ludicrous to choose one over SB until price/performance comparisons can be made...
m
l
Related resources
a c 138 à CPUs
September 14, 2011 1:30:07 AM

Bulldozer ... for now and ivy bridge for future / next year :D  it's fear
m
l
September 14, 2011 1:45:44 AM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
m
l
a c 471 à CPUs
September 14, 2011 2:41:54 AM

As stated, Ivy Bridge isn't coming out until next year. Either Q3 or Q4 2012.

m
l
a b à CPUs
September 14, 2011 3:51:47 AM

It depends on your ideology...

Intel is a convicted criminal who has spent the last twenty years trying to crush AMD so Intel could have a market monopoly and thus forcing consumers to pay extreme prices for PCs. Intel has also been convicted numerous times of U.S. tax fraud for not paying their proper income taxes but I pay mine.

That being the case I refuse to support corrupt companies who want to exploit me and other consumers so I vote with my wallet. I will be buying Zambezi and a Trinity laptop when they are released in '12. I refuse to buy any Intel product for as long as I live. History showns them to be convicted criminals and I refuse to support their criminal business practices.

Thankfully consumers can vote with their wallet and support AMD if you want quality products and choice in the marketplace.
m
l
a c 126 à CPUs
September 14, 2011 3:58:17 AM

jaguarskx said:
As stated, Ivy Bridge isn't coming out until next year. Either Q3 or Q4 2012.

Everything I have seen points to Q1 2012 (March) IB release for DT and Q2 2012 (April) for IB mobile.

As for me, I am still holding on to my Q6600 until at least May of next year, my BDay. Then I will decide based on price, performance for my budget, probably $200-$250 for CPU.
m
l
a c 126 à CPUs
September 14, 2011 4:02:37 AM

beenthere said:

Intel is a convicted criminal who has spent the last twenty years trying to crush AMD so Intel could have a market monopoly and thus forcing consumers to pay extreme prices for PCs. Intel has also been convicted numerous times of U.S. tax fraud for not paying their proper income taxes but I pay mine.

That being the case I refuse to support corrupt companies who want to exploit me and other consumers so I vote with my wallet. I will be buying Zambezi and a Trinity laptop when they are released in '12. I refuse to buy any Intel product for as long as I live. History showns them to be convicted criminals and I refuse to support their criminal business practices.

Thankfully consumers can vote with their wallet and support AMD if you want quality products and choice in the marketplace.

Ideology has nothing to do with it. In the end as long as it supports the economy, thats what should matter. That and the best performance for a set budget. Anything else is just, well I think is stupid really.

Intel doesn't want a monopoly. Monopolies get broken up by the US government.

As for the refusal to buy an Inel product, doesn't matter if you buy AMD or Intel you still buy Intel products. Like USB 3.0? Intel is half of the creator of USB. Like PCIe? Intel also worked on that. Like that Gbe NIC? Intel did that too and just finished the 10Gbe NIC. High end SSD? Most likley uses Micron NAND chips which are developed by Micron and Intel.

No matter what you do, when you buy a PC of any kind Intel has a hand in it. You will always somehow give your money to them. Its the sad hard truth most people never realize.

As for quality, both Intel and AMD are quality. Never had a CPU die on me from either.
m
l
September 14, 2011 4:09:12 AM

amuffin said:

That depends, do you want to go for the company that just beat the World Guiness Record on having the highest clock speed on its new Bulldozer CPU or the one that that has the BIGGEST budget, most expensive CPUs, but still comes in 2nd. :kaola: 
m
l
a c 126 à CPUs
September 14, 2011 4:45:37 AM

Maksym said:
That depends, do you want to go for the company that just beat the World Guiness Record on having the highest clock speed on its new Bulldozer CPU or the one that that has the BIGGEST budget, most expensive CPUs, but still comes in 2nd. :kaola: 

I think we should wait for benchmarks because as awesome as a 8.4GHz LN2 overclock is, its pretty pointless. As I said before, Phenom II hit 7Ghz on LN2 but barley hit 4Ghz for most people on air. Yet SB hits 4.5Ghz normally on air and some have even gotten 5GHz.

Besides, 2nd place in overclocking is pointless if first place performance is not better.

And price wise, as far as I can tell $220 for a 2500K that has the best performance and overclocks like crazy already is not bad.
m
l
a c 471 à CPUs
September 14, 2011 7:32:28 AM

beenthere said:

Just remember that not all companies have "perfect" ideology. For example, based on the following link regarding Microsoft, you should not be using any Windows operating system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Microsoft#Lab...

Perhaps you should switch to using OS X. Apple has it's share of criticisms, but not as much as Microsoft. The most recent would probably the suicide of a Foxconn employee who lost a prototype iPhone. Before he committed suicide he was beaten an interrogated by his superiors regarding the lost phone. Apple was criticized for this event because their near paranoid corporate secrecy policy was seen as a probable catalyst for this event. This can open up a can of worms regarding ideology because Foxconn manufactures some product for Apple, Dell, HP, Nokia and Sony. The supervisors of Foxconn clearly violated the basic human rights of the individual (Sun Danyong) who eventually committed suicide. Does this mean you will also boycott Apple, Dell, HP, Nokia and Sony products?

Of course switching over to Apple means getting a computer or laptop with an Intel CPU inside. Perhaps you should build a PC around and AMD CPU and switch over to using Linux exclusively.
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 14, 2011 12:29:12 PM

I must of dealt with at least 20-25 Phenom II CPUs, creating builds for myself and others, i always use Asus and MSI motherboards and Corsair RAM and ive never yet failed to reach 4.0ghz on any of those CPUs.
m
l
September 14, 2011 12:59:52 PM

All we know from this little experiment is that BD tech is fast..bloody fast...now can team green beat the blue team past 10GHz. Today we AMD Aficionados have great hope of a new world order...
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 14, 2011 2:20:41 PM

jaguarskx said:
Just remember that not all companies have "perfect" ideology. For example, based on the following link regarding Microsoft, you should not be using any Windows operating system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Microsoft#Lab...

Perhaps you should switch to using OS X. Apple has it's share of criticisms, but not as much as Microsoft. The most recent would probably the suicide of a Foxconn employee who lost a prototype iPhone. Before he committed suicide he was beaten an interrogated by his superiors regarding the lost phone. Apple was criticized for this event because their near paranoid corporate secrecy policy was seen as a probable catalyst for this event. This can open up a can of worms regarding ideology because Foxconn manufactures some product for Apple, Dell, HP, Nokia and Sony. The supervisors of Foxconn clearly violated the basic human rights of the individual (Sun Danyong) who eventually committed suicide. Does this mean you will also boycott Apple, Dell, HP, Nokia and Sony products?

Of course switching over to Apple means getting a computer or laptop with an Intel CPU inside. Perhaps you should build a PC around and AMD CPU and switch over to using Linux exclusively.

I agree none of us should be using Microsucks products. IMO they are just as evil as Intel if not worse. It's a sad day when large corporation can hold the world hostage with defective O/Ss... :( 
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 14, 2011 2:22:52 PM

jimmysmitty said:
Ideology has nothing to do with it. In the end as long as it supports the economy, thats what should matter. That and the best performance for a set budget. Anything else is just, well I think is stupid really.

Intel doesn't want a monopoly. Monopolies get broken up by the US government.

As for the refusal to buy an Inel product, doesn't matter if you buy AMD or Intel you still buy Intel products. Like USB 3.0? Intel is half of the creator of USB. Like PCIe? Intel also worked on that. Like that Gbe NIC? Intel did that too and just finished the 10Gbe NIC. High end SSD? Most likley uses Micron NAND chips which are developed by Micron and Intel.

No matter what you do, when you buy a PC of any kind Intel has a hand in it. You will always somehow give your money to them. Its the sad hard truth most people never realize.

As for quality, both Intel and AMD are quality. Never had a CPU die on me from either.

What you are saying is you have no moral compass and you can rationalize your decision to support a criminal corporation. That's your choice but it's not mine because I have a conscience and know better.
m
l
a c 108 à CPUs
September 14, 2011 2:30:10 PM

You buyin'?

[:crutchizm]

I just got a GA-990FXA-UD3 but until roughly 2013 it will house an X3 Rana ...

m
l
a c 126 à CPUs
September 14, 2011 4:14:51 PM

beenthere said:
What you are saying is you have no moral compass and you can rationalize your decision to support a criminal corporation. That's your choice but it's not mine because I have a conscience and know better.

No I have a moral compas. But in all honesty, AMD got over it as should you. I just buy whatever performs the best budget wise for me. I don't see a reason to buy something that performs less.

Without Intel, AMD wouldn't even exist. They need eachother and right now more than ever Intel needs AMD to get off their arse and put out some decent competition.

Buy whatever you want but as I said, basing it off something pointless that both companies have moved passed is stupid in my eyes.

Of course you missed my entire point though. You STILL support Intel with a purchase of AMD as they help to develop or they do develop the newest technologies that go into CPUs, mobos etc.
m
l
September 14, 2011 5:21:44 PM

What ever is the better product base on price/performance and benchmark results.

Its good to have these 2 companies trying to out do each other.... For our benefit the user.

Its always good to wait for the product to come out and review the actual benchmark results.

More CPU cores don't translate to actual performance gain. It depends on many factors.
m
l
September 18, 2011 4:04:32 PM

amuffin said:

:sol:  :sol:  :sol:  depends on my requirements. & Performance, and price. :sol:  :sol: 
m
l
!