Solved

Are wireless mice fine for gaming?

My current mouse's cord keeps getting in the way, so I've considered getting a wireless. How would a wireless mouse compare to one that has a cord?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wireless mice fine gaming
  1. Other than batteries dying at inopportune times, a good wireless mouse will work just fine.
  2. I have a Logitec Performance MX mouse. While it is not a gaming out, I still use it to play games. Once in a while (very rare) the mouse pointer will suddenly point up (see the sky and spinning in a FPS game) or suddenly point down (see the ground in a FPS game).

Can't tell you if this is a common issue with all wireless mice. I have only used two wireless mice, the Logitec and an old Targus wireless mouse from 2004 which I use on my laptop for games and other stuff. The Targus also has this trait.
  3. My wireless mouse never gives me problems, except (like calinkula pointed out) when the battery needs to be replaced. My current mouse devours them (one AA every 2 months or so), I should have done a little more research on the battery life.
  4. If you get a good wireless mouse that is advertised as a gaming mouse, it will do just fine. Try to find a wireless mouse that has a rechargeable battery and can be charged on the fly. I had Microsoft Sidewinder x8 and it was excellent.
  5. Best answer
    I've got the Cybord RAT 9. It's a wireless mouse. It's great.

You don't necessarily have to get that route, but it's an awesome mouse.

Comes with a combo USB receiver and charger. The mouse and 2 rechargeable batteries.

I've never had a single problem with the wireless connection for the mouse, and it's very accurate.

Only problem is that the battery only last about 7-8 hours total, but it's very easy to swap the battery out and replace it with a fresh one if your in a rush :)
  6. Chainzsaw said:
    I've got the Cybord RAT 9. It's a wireless mouse. It's great.

You don't necessarily have to get that route, but it's an awesome mouse.

Comes with a combo USB receiver and charger. The mouse and 2 rechargeable batteries.

I've never had a single problem with the wireless connection for the mouse, and it's very accurate.

Only problem is that the battery only last about 7-8 hours total, but it's very easy to swap the battery out and replace it with a fresh one if your in a rush :)

My friend had one and it is a great mouse, but I felt that it is so overpriced.
  7. Best answer selected by MichaelTS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Gaming Mice Components Product