Are wireless mice fine for gaming?

MichaelTS

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
My current mouse's cord keeps getting in the way, so I've considered getting a wireless. How would a wireless mouse compare to one that has a cord?

Solution
I've got the Cybord RAT 9. It's a wireless mouse. It's great.

You don't necessarily have to get that route, but it's an awesome mouse.

Comes with a combo USB receiver and charger. The mouse and 2 rechargeable batteries.

I've never had a single problem with the wireless connection for the mouse, and it's very accurate.

Only problem is that the battery only last about 7-8 hours total, but it's very easy to swap the battery out and replace it with a fresh one if your in a rush :)
I have a Logitec Performance MX mouse. While it is not a gaming out, I still use it to play games. Once in a while (very rare) the mouse pointer will suddenly point up (see the sky and spinning in a FPS game) or suddenly point down (see the ground in a FPS game).

Can't tell you if this is a common issue with all wireless mice. I have only used two wireless mice, the Logitec and an old Targus wireless mouse from 2004 which I use on my laptop for games and other stuff. The Targus also has this trait.

jsanthara

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
My wireless mouse never gives me problems, except (like calinkula pointed out) when the battery needs to be replaced. My current mouse devours them (one AA every 2 months or so), I should have done a little more research on the battery life.

mirotvorez113

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
If you get a good wireless mouse that is advertised as a gaming mouse, it will do just fine. Try to find a wireless mouse that has a rechargeable battery and can be charged on the fly. I had Microsoft Sidewinder x8 and it was excellent.

I've got the Cybord RAT 9. It's a wireless mouse. It's great.

You don't necessarily have to get that route, but it's an awesome mouse.

Comes with a combo USB receiver and charger. The mouse and 2 rechargeable batteries.

I've never had a single problem with the wireless connection for the mouse, and it's very accurate.

Only problem is that the battery only last about 7-8 hours total, but it's very easy to swap the battery out and replace it with a fresh one if your in a rush :)

Solution

mirotvorez113

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

My friend had one and it is a great mouse, but I felt that it is so overpriced.