ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 onboard SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon007

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
After getting the OS (win7 64bit) and drivers installed and recently getting the Bios to update to current (3304). I am trying to figure out how to use the motherboards onboard SSD. The book says install OS then change the SATA settings in bios to Raid. of course when i do that the system doesnt boot because there is no raid set. When I reboot and press CTRL-I to enter the Raid settings it only sees my 1 HD and doesnt show the onboard SSD as expected. 1) Am I missing something? 2) How do i get the system to see the SSD?

thanks in advance.

Solution
I'm not a huge fan of Intel SRT, it tears-up the SSD fairly fast unless you purchase a good over-provisioning 64GB SSD. I would look into the OCZ Synapse Series, the 128GB (64GB usable) 'should' work with Intel SRT.

Example OCZ Synapse Cache SYN-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB (64GB cache capacity)
There are only a few LGA 1155's with an onboard SSD (option). The ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 only offers Intel SRT as @rolli59 mentioned; see - http://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/intel_smart_response_technology_user_guide.pdf

Example the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H offers the 'mSATA slot' (left of CPU socket per picture / underneath when installed normally):
5658.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of Intel SRT, it tears-up the SSD fairly fast unless you purchase a good over-provisioning 64GB SSD. I would look into the OCZ Synapse Series, the 128GB (64GB usable) 'should' work with Intel SRT.

Example OCZ Synapse Cache SYN-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB (64GB cache capacity)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.