Closed Solved

ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 onboard SSD?

After getting the OS (win7 64bit) and drivers installed and recently getting the Bios to update to current (3304). I am trying to figure out how to use the motherboards onboard SSD. The book says install OS then change the SATA settings in bios to Raid. of course when i do that the system doesnt boot because there is no raid set. When I reboot and press CTRL-I to enter the Raid settings it only sees my 1 HD and doesnt show the onboard SSD as expected. 1) Am I missing something? 2) How do i get the system to see the SSD?

thanks in advance.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about asus p8z68 deluxe gen3 onboard
  1. So where did you see that onboard SSD? You might be confusing it with Intel SRT if you add minimum 18.6GB SSD.
  2. There are only a few LGA 1155's with an onboard SSD (option). The ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 only offers Intel SRT as @rolli59 mentioned; see - http://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/intel_smart_response_technology_user_guide.pdf

Example the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H offers the 'mSATA slot' (left of CPU socket per picture / underneath when installed normally):
  3. OH! OMG, feel like a .. I was under the impression it had one onboard. ok so if i get a small SSD ill get the performance spoken in the book. thanks crew.
  4. Best answer
    I'm not a huge fan of Intel SRT, it tears-up the SSD fairly fast unless you purchase a good over-provisioning 64GB SSD. I would look into the OCZ Synapse Series, the 128GB (64GB usable) 'should' work with Intel SRT.

Example OCZ Synapse Cache SYN-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB (64GB cache capacity)
  5. your better off buying a 128g sata drive and put your os and main programs on it. I did that with my asus saberthooth mb.
  6. Best answer selected by Dragon007.
  7. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus SSD NAS / RAID Motherboards