Extreme3 Gen3 no response

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksak

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I had a power shortage problem with my pc a week ago and could not get my asus mobo to post. I would get one click from PSU, fans would spin for a second then nothing. So I ended up getting the asrock and I am still getting the same symptoms. I have mobo, cpu, ram, and psu with 24 pin and 8 pin connectors outside the case in a breadboard setup.

Specs with new mobo

asrock extreme 3 gen 3
8gb g skill ram
xfx 850w black psu

My question is why can't I get any damn response from the asrock mobo? It has a dr. debug led that is supposed to show error codes. I also get no beeps whether I have cpu/ram installed or not. I tested my PSU on and older core duo PC and it POSTed successfully. I also clear cmos with jumpers. I have a feeling my cpu is dead or the psu is causing the problems. I know the best thing would be to test components in another system, but I just want to know why I can't even get an error code from the mobo.

ksak

Honorable
May 29, 2012

So I need to have the CPU installed and working to have any an error code with any config? In other words, with out the CPU I wont get any response from the mobo no matter what the config is?

ksak

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Just an update: I got a new 2500k, slapped it in there and the mobo posted right up. So the 2600k is definitely dead. I am hoping Intel will help me out with their 3 year warranty, but I doubt it. Also, my SSD boot drive died as well. Other than that everything seems to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.