Closed Solved

Extreme3 Gen3 no response

I had a power shortage problem with my pc a week ago and could not get my asus mobo to post. I would get one click from PSU, fans would spin for a second then nothing. So I ended up getting the asrock and I am still getting the same symptoms. I have mobo, cpu, ram, and psu with 24 pin and 8 pin connectors outside the case in a breadboard setup.

Specs with new mobo

asrock extreme 3 gen 3
8gb g skill ram
xfx 850w black psu

My question is why can't I get any damn response from the asrock mobo? It has a dr. debug led that is supposed to show error codes. I also get no beeps whether I have cpu/ram installed or not. I tested my PSU on and older core duo PC and it POSTed successfully. I also clear cmos with jumpers. I have a feeling my cpu is dead or the psu is causing the problems. I know the best thing would be to test components in another system, but I just want to know why I can't even get an error code from the mobo.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about extreme3 gen3 response
  1. Bad asrock motherboard? Lack of error codes/beeps points to that.
  2. Can anyone confirm, from experience, what these ASrock motherboards do when the power is turned on if no CPU is installed, just the PSU?
  3. Best answer
    No CPU no post, no ram post but code and beeps for missing ram.
  4. rolli59 said:
    No CPU no post, no ram post but code and beeps for missing ram.

So I need to have the CPU installed and working to have any an error code with any config? In other words, with out the CPU I wont get any response from the mobo no matter what the config is?
  5. That is my believe.
  6. Best answer selected by ksak.
  7. Just an update: I got a new 2500k, slapped it in there and the mobo posted right up. So the 2600k is definitely dead. I am hoping Intel will help me out with their 3 year warranty, but I doubt it. Also, my SSD boot drive died as well. Other than that everything seems to be working.
  8. They should accept RMA if it is dead!
  9. 100% correct ^.
  10. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

ASrock Motherboards